Bobby Singh A4 3.0 TDI build thread

Even with my tuning on a BV50 car I wouldn't expect anything more than 290hp / 680nm (real). Some of these b7's have close ratio boxes which obviously helps getting up to speed.
:thumbs up: Hopefully will be getting an S4 later this year, first petroleum car for many years lol (will miss my tractor :sadlike:)

You know they make a S4 TDI :)
thats a V6? All nice but outta my price range. The S4 would be a good compromise for few years till the newer ones come down S6s and S8s too TBH. Older now and roads are **** so want air ride lol, on A/S6 C7.5 its standard but too £££ ATM.

thats a V6? All nice but outta my price range. The S4 would be a good compromise for few years till the newer ones come down S6s and S8s too TBH. Older now and roads are **** so want air ride lol, on A/S6 C7.5 its standard but too £££ ATM.
V6 yes - 350hp/700nm stock
I know what you mean about suspension especially when doing a lot of miles

Reactions: Horia
So it begins again:

x11jIi9.jpg

Time to fix those power dips and see if there is more to be had from this engine

Cheers
Bobby

Reactions: Horia, pelhamsdetailing, Gazwould and 2 others
I started a channel sometime ago https://www.youtube.com/c/BobbySinghRacing - gives some idea whats possible with various spec's etc
Hybrid turbos have progressed well over the last 5 years or so.
2260VK hybrids do around 420 to 430hp 850nm plus
2260VZK's can do between 430 to 450hp / 900nm plus
GTD2060VZ hybrid is currently under test but should be 400hp plus with DPF
Did you ever sort the GTD2060VZ? I assume a better low-down spool with the benefits up top? Keeping DPF would be good as well.

Did you ever sort the GTD2060VZ? I assume a better low-down spool with the benefits up top? Keeping DPF would be good as well.

Hi no hyrbid will spool quicker than a stock unit. I've installed my GTD2060VZ roller bearing hybrid on a few cars and trucks now - they perform well

If you want more information then drop me a email - BobbySinghRacing@outlook.com

Reactions: martinivw
Bobby do you know of a cp3 conversion for " CAT " engine code 3 .0 tdi ?? Car is an 2012 touerag
Yes I've supplied kits to some American customers over the years, but please ensure your tuner can do them or contact Malone and confirm before purchasing - I avoid remote tuning.

Mail me on BobbySinghRacing@outlook.com if you wish to purchase the kit.

Thanks

Well guys after 6 years, 55k miles with over 3bar boost the turbine has left the party.
It looks like fatigue but I've mailed some pictures over to EFR to get their thoughts.

Around November time I ran a 100 to 200 dragy but the injectors were still cutting out so couldn't get a clean run:

qDcK95O.png

Had the car on a weigh bridge and its just under 2000kg so overall for a full fat car the 100 to 200 time was acceptable and without the injectors cutting could have gone abit quicker.

DdzvvBY.jpg

I think the injector voltage needed some love to stop them cutting, as to get 600hp worth of fuel the injectors had to work overtime.

Turbo shaft:

FIchn5d.jpg

Compressor wheel still looks mint as well as the ball bearings

Ah2d6rY.png

HxQfyaF.jpg

What to do next:

Well I live very close to the ulez zone and its a bit of a pain dancing around it all. So I've decided its time to move on to another project (not really sure what to do next yet but the Audi S2 is keeping me plenty busy).
As for the car I will detune it and run one of my hybrid turbos on it with the larger injectors etc Its not for sale just yet but will be in the near future.
Turbo - I do have another s300/efr that I could use but pumping another few k into this project doesn't make sense anymore.

Performance summary:

3.0TDI low comp engine (120% inj, R110 pump etc)

603hp / 1100nm
0 to 60 - 3.4's
100 to 200 - 7.9's (corrected) - with issues
Weight - 1940 kg
3.3 bar boost ( 140k shaft speed, 900deg egt)

Cheers
Bobby

Reactions: V6_Man, S3 Rav, Horia and 2 others
Looks good without dpf in there ! The welding is good however the chap is spending too much time tidying the welds which is not a bad thing... also came off very easy, last 2 a5's i have done required engine dropping or turbo + collector manifold removal in order to squeeze past...i was requested to open, gut, weld then refit original dpf housing for stock look !

Sad to see it end but what an incredible vehicle! I still have every intention of heading down to see you for one of your hybrids. I am just determined to fit this CP3 myself and I'm just waiting for my friend with our PCM flash to get some free time from his incredibly busy job.

Awesome results all round and pushed the boundary far further than anyone else worldwide with these. If this had been in an A5 coupe them times would have been even lower!

Reactions: bobby singh and Horia
Sad to see it end but what an incredible vehicle! I still have every intention of heading down to see you for one of your hybrids. I am just determined to fit this CP3 myself and I'm just waiting for my friend with our PCM flash to get some free time from his incredibly busy job.

Awesome results all round and pushed the boundary far further than anyone else worldwide with these. If this had been in an A5 coupe them times would have been even lower!

Thanks for the kind words

A bit of a update the EFR is fixed - EFR were so impressed with what's been done and have been very supportive

Ig0gcL5.jpg

THqne08.jpg

ZQg2682.jpg

HsBQXzO.jpg

Even though the turbo is fixed I will be keeping it for the S2 (in case the EFR83 is too laggy)

So I've mounted one of my hybrid 2260 units.

XofzwKV.jpg

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/UTMCBtzA3dY?feature=share

End result is the highest I've recorded on a 2260 hybrid

Low comp and big injectors have helped hugely for this gain.

Cylinder pressures have been flat lined for max power but within the safe margin.

878wDfg.jpg

Cheers
Bobby

Well after 9 years of ownership the BSR project car is sold.
I hinted after the EFR tw broke that I would be selling it and I received a email from a very interested person.
We kept in touch and deal finally came to a conclusion yesterday.

This car paved the way for the 3.0TDI community across the world and at the sametime generated a income for me so Im very grateful.

I will continue working on customers cars and will search for a new project car.

Thanks to everyone who has supported this project.

caOgjyy.jpg

Cheers
Bobby

Reactions: Ant L, S3 Rav, pelhamsdetailing and 2 others