Facelift Bonnet not opening

sk3

Reaction score
I have a facelift 8v, 1.4 COD, my bonnet was opening fine until suddenly it didn’t, now every time I want to open it, I have to have someone holding the lever pulled and someone to pull the bonnet up. Only then it opens. Can someone advise me what to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have this every since installing my honeycomb grill, dont know why, there is no obstruction.
I Press the lever really hard, it will almost feel like its going to break, but dont go that far.

Go to your bonnett and you should feel it open a little, pull it up, then go back into the car and pull the lever hard again, this should release it.

When you get it open check the spring and and metal clamp that is around the bonnett release clamp to ensure it has not snapped or has a crack.

Trace the cord as well, maybe you have a kink or break, but this is doubtful as you would not be able to get it open if the release wire has broken completely

What year is your car, the cords degrade over time and can stretch a little, this could hinder the release.

I have this every since installing my honeycomb grill, dont know why, there is no obstruction.
I Press the lever really hard, it will almost feel like its going to break, but dont go that far.

Go to your bonnett and you should feel it open a little, pull it up, then go back into the car and pull the lever hard again, this should release it.

When you get it open check the spring and and metal clamp that is around the bonnett release clamp to ensure it has not snapped or has a crack.

Trace the cord as well, maybe you have a kink or break, but this is doubtful as you would not be able to get it open if the release wire has broken completely

What year is your car, the cords degrade over time and can stretch a little, this could hinder the release.

Car year is 2016. My bonnet only opens when the release lever is held open, only then can person 2 pull the bonnet up while person one holds it in the pulled position. I’m not sure if replacing the whole bonnet cable would help. I really can’t figure out what the issue is. I’ve tried to spray everything with wd40 the springs and everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some manufacturers, you need to pull the lever twice as an extra level of safety.
Not sure if Audi have adopted this now or not though.