bonnet wont open

broken cable or mechanism is jammed.
Try gently pushing down the bonnet near the lock mechanism, then try the lever again.

Already happened to me! The wire was loose from the latch mechanism. You will have to reach from beneath the car, between the engine and radiator fan.

Oh lord this is a pain, as advised maybe try & hook the cable from below or through the grill.

thanks for replies its the latch end. seen on youtube going under the car, but im not sure what to use to reach the latch. was thinking of peeling the skin of the bonnet

I think my mechanic used a long pry bar!

Reactions: John Clutton
thanks for replies its the latch end. seen on youtube going under the car, but im not sure what to use to reach the latch. was thinking of peeling the skin of the bonnet
Lol im like that I always resort to extreme measures, do it mate cut the bonnet off then raise it in the air shouting SPARTAAA

I don't know a lot about them tbh Ricky, but I think stock mate.
If its stock your after ill be removing my two stock intercoolers and fitting a front mount intercooler more than likely next weekend now so ill have them floating around if you need them.

thanks for the offer Ricky, very kind of you, but I am going to replace with a new one with a warranty . is it a bumper off job?

Ok the intercoolers are still in the same place as the 2.0 tfsi your have two side mounted intercoolers one either side so yeah front bumper off and more than likely the headlights for easier access.

Your also have to take the inner wheel arches off to get to the two bolts holding the bumper to the wing.