Boost Gauge

Paul Laird

Reaction score
Hey just bought a boost gauge for my S3 8p before i fit it i was wondering where the best place to route the vac pipe?? had a wee look and thought the best place would be along side the bonnet cable??? was wondering if anybody had any pics??? or better place that looks OEM:uhm:

Hey just bought a boost gauge for my S3 8p before i fit it i was wondering where the best place to route the vac pipe?? had a wee look and thought the best place would be along side the bonnet cable??? was wondering if anybody had any pics??? or better place that looks OEM:uhm:
Vac pipe comes through the firewall right next to the existing cable harness.

There are a few spare 'nipples', you just cut one off, and tuck a coat hanger through, then pull the pipe through. Make sure that you cut the nipple 'smaller' than your pipe, and it will automatically make an airtight/watertight seal around your tube automatically.

In the LHD cars, the harness goes through the bulkhead right above the brake pedal... I presume you should be able to feel up behind there and see if it's the same for RHD/UK spec cars... -Just imagine you're 13 years old again, and you're getting your first handful after reaching up under a skirt... -It should make the procedure more enjoyable... or amusing, at least! ;)

Keith

Where are you going to mount the guage? Is it a vent job or the a-pillar?

A lot of people on here think boost guages are chav but if they match the interior I quite like the idea.

A lot of people on here think boost guages are chav but if they match the interior I quite like the idea.
I couldn't care less if people think they're chav or not...

I run a 21-year old Porsche Turbo. I also have a MkIV Golf which I bolted a Supercharger on to... -Over the years these have had plenty of issues.

Nonoe of the issues have been insurmountable however, but without a boost gauge, and the familiarity with the readings which it should give under CORRECT operation, both of these cars would have been MUCH more difficult to keep in perfect running condition.

Lit up with neon, in a pillar-pod... yeah, that's a bit chavvy for sure... but tucked discretely away where it just looks factory-ish... not so much chav as functional.

So far, almost 30,000 miles and NO worries. -But by now I'm completely familiar with how it's SUPPOSED to dance, and if anything ever DOES go wrong (like the infamous diverter valve failure) I've no doubt that I'll have a much better idea of what's going on.

Keith

I couldn't care less if people think they're chav or not...

I run a 21-year old Porsche Turbo. I also have a MkIV Golf which I bolted a Supercharger on to... -Over the years these have had plenty of issues.

Nonoe of the issues have been insurmountable however, but without a boost gauge, and the familiarity with the readings which it should give under CORRECT operation, both of these cars would have been MUCH more difficult to keep in perfect running condition.

Lit up with neon, in a pillar-pod... yeah, that's a bit chavvy for sure... but tucked discretely away where it just looks factory-ish... not so much chav as functional.

So far, almost 30,000 miles and NO worries. -But by now I'm completely familiar with how it's SUPPOSED to dance, and if anything ever DOES go wrong (like the infamous diverter valve failure) I've no doubt that I'll have a much better idea of what's going on.:applaus:

Keith

(like the infamous diverter valve failure)
Thats why i want to fit my boost gauge