Boost hoses.....

markyp2002

Reaction score
Ok, having a bit of trouble with the upper boost hose on the S3, the one that attaches to the output of the turbo and to the long silver pipe that runs down to the intercooler i believe.

As the S3 is running around 21-23psi, its kicking this pipe off and causing me some serious boost lag, had it in at Mid VW today to refit it but within an hour it had come loose again.

So basically im looking for an uprated one that can better cope with the pressure (no pun intended). Can anyone point in me in the right direction in terms of place to get one and cost? Not looking to spend too much as just had to fork out £800 on getting TT repaired after some biatch smashed into it!! :banghead:

I just purchased the 2 upper boost hoses from Forge. Left hose was reasonably easy to fit, bumper off job for me though. Although I had serious issues with the right one. Angles were wrong and it was too long. Ended up massacring it to try and get it to fit with no luck.

Gonna see if I can get a 2nd left hand hose from Forge to try again.

Also had to trim the Turbo hose too and some of the stems on the induction hose. Strange how they make them too long....By a large amount.

^ I had the same problem with my right hand hose. I actually trimmed it a bit (I think half and inch) because it would kink if it was kept the same length. After trimming up a bit it fit perfectly and hasn't come off since.

as for hoses coming off I'd say invest in some decent clamps, I know there are some "special" ones around that someone could point you too. :beerchug: