Boost leak possibly?

Smirky

Reaction score
so I have replaced my standard diverter with a gfb dv+ ,now when I go through the revs it sounds like it's slowly releasing air from like 4k to 6k revs ,is that normal and now just hear it more with revo induction and dv+ ??

Mines is same and also a loss of power between 5.5k and 6k revs then boosts again

Deleted pcv with forge plate and the car feels more lively may well be placebo effect cos its a new shiny part,hoping I can buy the catch can parts to add to this when funds allow,I was expecting gunk when I removed the original part it was clean as a whistle

Attachments

• IMAG0462.jpg
    IMAG0462.jpg
    964.1 KB · Views: 194
  • IMAG0460.jpg
    IMAG0460.jpg
    1,007.7 KB · Views: 197
So you think it's worth my while doing this ?

So you think it's worth my while doing this ?
I'm reluctant to advise people on spending money but for £90 I'm glad I did it couldn't afford the full system (mine has the charcoal cannister) so it removed a possible part failure and have me easy access to running boost gauge water meth etc

Hmmmm think Al do that then since it's only 90£

Reactions: Smirky
See when I put the foot down its like the cars not holding boost and letting it out all way through Rev range like I hear air escaping could that mean this needs replaced?

so I have replaced my standard diverter with a gfb dv+ ,now when I go through the revs it sounds like it's slowly releasing air from like 4k to 6k revs ,is that normal and now just hear it more with revo induction and dv+ ??
Yes. However that doesn't necessarily mean that you don't have a problem. Do you feel you have a power loss? Once an induction kit is fitted, noises of every sort are much more prevalent, including from the DV. FYI - I also have the DV+ fitted and have had no problems with it.

Im not quite sure how you made the jump to replacing your PCV, but if you think it has helped then thats great. I done that as well and ended up reverting to OEM in this regard.

I have the revision d DV fitted and also a itg intake, and yeah defo loss of boost specially between 5.5 and 6k revs ? Really pisssing me off now tbh lol

Revo stage 2 mate full miltek sports car itg intake and map

I had a slight stutter on my car as well. In fact quite a lot of mapped s3 owners do. I can tell you that I fixed it with changing the fuel filter, the plugs and the coil packs. Not sure which one fixed it tbh. The RS4 fuel valve also helped with power delivery across the rev range on my car, and loads of other s3 owners report the same.

Oh and not to state the obvious but just check all your pipe work, including the turbo inlet, as the clamp on that pipe is tricky to get back on properly, and would have been taken on and off to fit your induction kit.

Oh and not to state the obvious but just check all your pipe work, including the turbo inlet, as the clamp on that pipe is tricky to get back on properly, and would have been taken on and off to fit your induction kit.
Cheers I'll go over tonight and check all the pipework ,yeah that inlet pipe is a bitch half my knuckle is still floating around the engine bay somewhere :) it's going to amd soon so if there is a prob hopefully there pick it up

Reactions: s3_trev