Boost leak?

Y111_PJL

Reaction score
Has anyone got any hints or tips on trying to track down a boost leak? Tried the soapy water test around the pipes and fittings I can see, and no bubbles seen.

Any where on the car I should be looking at specifically? I know what if the intercooler pipes is quite a common problem?

Failing this... Anyone suggest a garage in the north east that does smoke testing?

Cheers.

Did you pressurise the system when you soapy watered the joints? You've got to have a bit of pressure in the system to see a leak.

Could also be the vac system leaking or even a split dv

Dump valve is sound. Took it out, checked it. Even ran a different one for a day and no difference in noise.

Put the soapy water on, switched the car on and give it a few revs (neighbours weren't happy) but I never seen anything.

The is a pipe at the left rear of the engine (like a PCV pipe at the rear) which has oil all over it?

Dump valve is sound. Took it out, checked it. Even ran a different one for a day and no difference in noise.

Put the soapy water on, switched the car on and give it a few revs (neighbours weren't happy) but I never seen anything.

The is a pipe at the left rear of the engine (like a PCV pipe at the rear) which has oil all over it?

Check the pipes coming from the turbo ... get someone else to rev it, and try and have a look at the joints of all turbo pipes. Try and get underneath the car / or just get it on a ramp. You'll find it, it's just a matter of when.

Could be the pipe that's covered in oil.

I'd still take it to a smoke tester, saves so much time looking for a leak.

Could be the pipe that's covered in oil.

I'd still take it to a smoke tester, saves so much time looking for a leak.

Pipe in question...