boost pipe seals leaking?

Trucker_Anders

Reaction score
Hi All, Im new to all this and needed some advise,

I took my car into West London Audi for a visual health check last month and they told me the Boost Pipe Seals were Leaking and need replacing, they have quoted me £95 for the job (parts and labour), when i asked the parts department she said there are 3 boost pipe seals which retail at £4.67 each

I was just wondering, is it an easy job to do yourself? ive got some axil stands and a toolbox but im fed up with being ripped off by mechanics and thought id give it a try myself?? is it wise or should i get a qualified mechanic to do it?

Ive got a 2004 Audi A3 2.0 TDI Sport 140bhp.

Any help would be appreciated... Thanks guys....

you should ask in the 13 8p section not im here
but welcome anyway

They always leak a bit anyway so wouldnt worry about it to be honest,you can do them yourself,easy as jack car up or put on ramps and drop plastic engine shield

Hi Phil

thanks for that, are they directly under the plastic engine sheild, what do the seals look like? some rubber washer or clip?

cheers

Hi Phil

thanks for that, are they directly under the plastic engine sheild, what do the seals look like? some rubber washer or clip?

cheers

i had a look at mine yesterday, once you have got the tray off you will see them right behind the bumper on either side mine look like the o rings have goen as there is a load of grud covering them which might be the reason i was loosing boos the other day if you find my post 'got no boost' there are a few pics