Boost pipes gone soft

baz_baz

Reaction score
My car is a 1.8T quattro S3 on a 2000 seems to stil hav the original pipes they need replacing I've bin told I'm loosing boost because of it. Can anyone point me in the direction of a decent set to replace all my pipes please?

Won't be loosing boost due to the 'boost' pipes 'going soft'... they were never 'hard/stiff' to begin with... std boost pipes normally leak due to loose or ******** clips and generally speaking tightening them up or replacing them with JCS Hi-Grip clips (not normal jubilee's!) will fix most leaks..

Pipes that go 'soft' and are prone to splitting are normally vacuum pipes and PCV pipes especially those that are under the inlet manifold and there are quite a few threads on here covering all that...

If you want to replace your 'boost' hoses them check out Forge Motorsport's website...

<tuffty/>

Whos told you your loosing boost? Unless 1. youve got a leak or 2.there split then their talking ********.

You can use several suppliers mate, forge, sfs, ebay, ths, take your pick OR you could make your own upper boost hoses for half the cost.

God damn it tufty, you posted while i was typing haha.

Out if interested does anyone know what part number this hose is that comes out of the 'hockey puck'?

photo3fo.jpg

Cheers

Don't know the part no. but when i was changing the hockey puck pipes i took it to audi and pointed at it, there parts guy figured it out and got me one :)

Fran, forge do. Silicone replacement thatll probily be cheaper than stealers prices.

Fit an oil catch can that will get rid of most of ya standered vaccum pipe and boost leaks Cheap as well

Cheers guys - will ask Forge and think about a catch can in the future. :)

Does any body know the part number for the host coming out of the bottom of the hockey puck?
IMG-20110915-00011.jpg