BOOST Sound From 2.0TDI

marcus boost

Reaction score
hi guys new to this whole forum thing so if i have posted in the wrong place i apologise from now.

so let me give you a little info on myself and the car.
im 22 years old currently living in london driving a 2.0 tdi Sline its been remapped to just under 200bhp 196bhp the last time anyone checked.
i know quite a bit about cars so this shouldn't be to difficult to answer.

basically i have always been a huge fan of the turbo sound more the flutter then the BOV sound but both are still exciting.
i have only just bought my tdi and I'm over the moon with it the only thing i want is to be able to hear the turbo spool up a bit louder and the flutter/BOV when i let up off the accelerator.

i know a lot of people are going to say save up for other stuff like another remap and maybe a exhaust system but i don't what a exhaust system no additional noise just the turbo sound is exactly what I'm after.

so what I'm asking is dose anyone know how to get the sound or what i need to do to make it louder
i was told to get aluminium intake pipes and a pod filter not to sure if thats going to do the job.

any help is much appreciated

I'm sure if you do a back box delete it gives a louder spooling sound. Have a look on YouTube to give you a rough idea mate.

I found this video from my first search. There's quite a few on there.
Watch it from about 1:20 for the sound.

Last edited:
I put an s2000 stock cone filter on my pd130 and it whistles and dumped pretty good! I ended up doing the straight through exhaust but it drowns out the turbo noise luckily I never got that weird coo owl noise thank god

Hi mate, it was one of those cat bypass' off eBay and a cat back made by myself! Just straight through around. 2"
Made a clip on YouTube check it out

I still have the cat back in my garage if you want to make an offer il get a picture for you

Reactions: Mujnu
I don't know if this will work because it's from my remappers fb page

It has a removable turned down tip if you wanted to change it for a rolled tip or twin exit or anyting

Hi mate, it was one of those cat bypass' off eBay and a cat back made by myself! Just straight through around. 2"
Made a clip on YouTube check it out

I still have the cat back in my garage if you want to make an offer il get a picture for you

That sounds crazy! Love it!

Yeah was remapped to 181hp 318lbft with a popcorn limiter

Feel like I'm hijacking this thread now haha,
I had a brand new luk clutch dmf with 318lb ft it started slipping in two months haha 300lbft is the max for stock clutches unfortunately