boot will not open help!!

pottsey

Reaction score
i have a A6 1996 2.6se and i cant get the boot open any idea , please help will i need to break the lock. thanks jason

No you won't have to break the lock, it's probably broken already... :)

First, Is your central locking working properly? If not then there is probably a vacuum leak somewhere or the pump itself is faulty.

Next possible cause would be the catch itself or the vacuum actuater on the lock/catch or the connecting arm has come off.

If your central locking is not functioning you will still be able to turn the key in the lock, then open the boot.

Otherwise, call the AA or a locksmith, they should be able to open the boot without damaging anything?

The central locking is working properly and the key will not work, must be the catch or the connecting arm any idea how i will open it

can you climb into the boot and undo the boot inside cover ? you may be able to get to the catch from the inside

I assume it the A6 sedan? If it is then you can't climb through as there is a metal panel behind the seat. And even if you could get in you would still have to remove the covers to get to the lock. I would get some advice from a locksmith.

its ok i have opened it i got a long handle with a flat head driver taped on it put it in the lock inside the boot via the rear arm rest then lift the boot from the outside, as i lifted the screwdriver poped the lock open job done.

deffo !
time to get it fixed then ?