Bored of my A3 Sportback!!!

Simmo_Sportback_S_Line

Reaction score
Not even had it a year and already am bored and looking for something else!! Had been thinking this for a while and the thoughts were compounded when I got an A5 Cabriolet as a courtesy car!

Is it just a phase?!!

:sos:

No I don't think you are going through a phase, some people are never satisfied with what they have. If you change your car then I guess somewhere down the line you'll be bored with that one too. I know several people like this and just waste money by constantly changing their car.

My ex wife was like that with cars, don't get me wrong, I'm a massive car nut but it was costing me a ****** fortune!

Had the S3 coming up for three years now and still love it, all you have to do is find the right car

No I don't think you are going through a phase, some people are never satisfied with what they have. If you change your car then I guess somewhere down the line you'll be bored with that one too. I know several people like this and just waste money by constantly changing their car.

Your probably along the right lines there, this is the 10th car I have owned in 10 years of driving, suppose I should hold out a wee bit longer!

Your probably along the right lines there, this is the 10th car I have owned in 10 years of driving, suppose I should hold out a wee bit longer!

A car a year :wtf: I keep mine at least 5 years. Except the last one, Toyota Auris T180 lasted 3 months with me, even the wife hated driving it.

Reactions: Simmo_Sportback_S_Line
A car a year :wtf: I keep mine at least 5 years. Except the last one, Toyota Auris T180 lasted 3 months with me, even the wife hated driving it.

The longest I have owned a car was my 25th Anniversary Edition Golf Gti PD which I had for 3 years, loved that car, to be fair I do love the A3, just need to do a few bits and bobs to it and get involved more!

One thing I really want is phone prep etc with a MFSW, the A5 I have has all them toys and I want them too :o.k:

I need two cup holders too, drives the wife mad!

I'm the same with my cars, I got bored easily. I just do a little bit of modding here and there and that seems to claw back my interest ..I think its something to do with making the car more unique and more personal. I've had 3 cars in my 6 years of driving and had a Mk1 TT for about 4 years. I've had the A3 just a bit over a year now and I feel I need to mod it to keep me interested...it is a diesel after all:laugh:

lol i've owned in the last 3.5 yrs:
A Porsche Boxster s
Vw golf TDi
Mini Cooper S
BMW 535d M Sport
BMW 3 series
BMW x5
another VW Golf
Ford Kuga
now on my A3 SE
On and my speedster in the garage currently for sale!!!

I wont even go over my other 40-50 cars in 20 yrs of driving!

I find I get bored of my cars too but I keep the candle burning by modifying them. Not cheap answer But keeps me happy:superman:

lol i've owned in the last 3.5 yrs:
A Porsche Boxster s
Vw golf TDi
Mini Cooper S
BMW 535d M Sport
BMW 3 series
BMW x5
another VW Golf
Ford Kuga
now on my A3 SE
On and my speedster in the garage currently for sale!!!

I wont even go over my other 40-50 cars in 20 yrs of driving!

Thought I was bad haha!!

Right have decided I'm going to freshen the car up a little with a few mods, what i have planned;

Flat bottom MFSW (£400)
RNSE & Bluetooth (£600)
US Centre Console Mod (£170)
LED Interior Lights (????)
Chrome Mirrors with Integrated Indicator (£250?)
New style LED Rear Lights (£200)
RS4 Style Titanium Alloys (£500 after selling my alloys)

I estimate the cost to be around £2k if I shop wisely and fit myself then just pay for the coding to be done. Cost doesn't look to bad when I consider the A5 I was lusting after was a £32,000 car, no way can I afford that so this is the way I'm going.

I don't have to worry about any major servicing on mine for another 40,000 miles, it's a low mileage 170 TDi so will last me, if I sold now I would more than likely be hit financially quite hard!

What do we think?

Bored? Wow, had my car 5 years next week! Loved every mile.

Wrong choice of words I think N8, just fell for the A5 as it was something new, I'm going to actually get off my **** and do the bits I set out to do in the first place.

Wee bit at a time!

Yep am exactly the same get pretty bored easy! I've been driving for 13 years and this is the list of cars I've had from start
Vauxhall Nova (Petrol)
Citroen AX GT (Petrol)
Vauxhall Cavalier (Diesel)
Vauxhall Corsa A (Petrol)
Peugeot 206 (Diesel)
Renault Clio 182 (Petrol)
Vauxhall Corsa C (Petrol)
Vauxhall Astra (Diesel)
Vauxhall Corsa VXR (Petrol)
Audi A3 B.E (Diesel)
I like my Audi though, I'll be keeping it for at least 4 years! (I think) I'll never know how I've never put the wrong fuel in my cars yet:uhm:

My list;

Vauxhall Nova 1.3SR
Ford Fiesta 1.25 Zetec
Fiat Punto GT Turbo
Pug 306 1.9 D Turbo S
VW Polo
Pug 306 1.9D
VW Golf V6 4Motion
Ford Fiesta 1.4D
VW Golf 25th Anniversary GTi 150 PD
Audi A3 S Line 170

Looking back the A3 is the best out the lot, just want some creature comforts in it

My list;

Vauxhall Nova 1.3SR
Ford Fiesta 1.25 Zetec
Fiat Punto GT Turbo
Pug 306 1.9 D Turbo S
VW Polo
Pug 306 1.9D
VW Golf V6 4Motion
Ford Fiesta 1.4D
VW Golf 25th Anniversary GTi 150 PD
Audi A3 S Line 170

Looking back the A3 is the best out the lot, just want some creature comforts in it
Nice list of cars there mate, I'd say your best car in that list has got to be the Audi though :thumbsup:

I've been driving 5 years now and the s3 is my 11th car, I just get bored to easy! But I've had the s3 8 months and going well!

Vauxhall corsa 1.7 dti
Vauxhall corsa 1.8 Sri
Vauxhall corsa vxr
Vauxhall Astra 1.9
Vauxhall Astra vxr
Vauxhall Astra vxr burg
Ford focus st
Ford focus rs Mk 2
Vw golf gt sport
Vauxhall Astra vxr racing
Audi s3

Buy a bike you'll never get bored of that!