BOSCH BATTERY

Reaction score
Hi All need an new battery for my a4 2.4 i was looking at the bosch silver plus s5008 77ah 780 amp wat do you think?? any good

Hi Mate,
the ampage sounds about right for this one, i have bought a new battery today for my a4 1.8T today, what a ballache trying to source one for a decent price (halfords and stealers wanted £100+), eventually i settled for the Bosch S3 70ah which is recomended. I needed one as the original was still in the car and has been a bit slow starting over the cold period we have had plus the indicator was totally black which is not good anyway. I got it from GSF in the end and cost me £69.33 with the 3 year warranty. There is a download available on the Bosch website and it tells you all the dimensions the 'S' series batteries which i found helpfull.

Hope this helps.

Yes GSF are probably the best bet if you have one locally, call them though as their web site is terrible.
Why on earth would you think of going to a dealer for one? Just for a laugh I guess.

Got my replacement BOSCH 72Ah battery from GSF 4 years ago - still going strong.
HIghly recommended brand and supplier.

In the end i wait for the Bosch S5 silver plus 77ah 780amp from ebay all in for £89 . very happy with battery wat an f**ker to fit:sadlike: