Bosch s5 100Ah battery

choimaloy

Reaction score
I'm after a new battery and reading on here people recommend Bosch s5's,the one I'm looking at is a 100ah 830 cc but its 353mm in length will it fit my A4 1.9 tdi 2002 or will I need to go smaller.

I have the s4 if you can find the size of that and fits fine with space either side

I don't think you will have a problem to be honest

Bosch S4 & S5 are the same size like for like the 4 is blue & silver with 4 years warranty the 5 is all silver with 5 years warranty ...
If its a 019 battery code it will fit the 019 is standard fit size on 2.5 tdi battery tray is the same ... Hope this helps

I just got the S5 for my 2003 1.9tdi and it was slightly shorter than the Halford's battery that was in already

Cheapest price is Eurocarparts and enter code ukpas25 for 25% off

I just got the S5 for my 2003 1.9tdi and it was slightly shorter than the Halford's battery that was in already<br><br>Cheapest price is Eurocarparts and enter code ukpas25 for 25% off

My friend gave me a Bosch S4 100ah - I couldnt see how it would fit in my 2.5TDi due to the air-conditioning pipes being in the way.
There is an 85ah unbranded battery in there at the minute and looks like the maximum width that will fit.

The Bosh batteries are the dogs danglies though - the S4 battery my friend gave me was made in 2006 - been sat on the garage floor for 2 months, thought I would give it a trickle charge - it jumped from 12.4v to 14.4v in about 4 seconds - the charger turned off!

Well I decided to go for the Bosch S5 86ah, it's the dogs ******** £78 from Andrew page,they are £121 at euro car parts.