Bose sub and amp upgrade

Lewbo

Reaction score
hi was just wondering if its a straight swap from a standard sub in a3 s line to a bose one or if not what do i need to make it work cheers

No, definately not. Your current sub has it's amp inside the tupperware enclosure which also feeds the rear speakers. The Bose sub has no amp at all and is amped by the 6 channel Bose amp in the drivers side cubbyhole in the boot. So the wiring would have to be dramatically modified & moved and you'd have to source a Bose amp as well. All that for not much improvement. Far better to install a stealth sub:
http://www.dizzythedog.com/index.php?f=data_audi_a3_stealth_sub&a=1

That looks nice.. Is there room to use that box with 8" sub? Or even 2x 8"?

I wonder how much would be shipping to Finland just for box.

Any other options to get sub in my car in hidden place?

Unfortunately not, it's not deep enough to take a bigger sub and would not have the internal volume to make any use of the larger driver.
Shipping to Finland would be £25
The only other place is the spare wheel well.

Unfortunately not, it's not deep enough to take a bigger sub and would not have the internal volume to make any use of the larger driver.

Whats the max. depth? How many litres that box is?
There are slim size subs and free air would work in a small box.

Shipping to Finland would be £25

Thats no bad. I need to think about that.

a wheel well stealth sub gives you room for lots of 8" and maybe 9" options depending on speaker depth.

i got a 25L internal box in mine with a ported 9" speaker along with audio processor and 5 channel amp. the only downside is that the boot floor sits about 40mm higher than standad but that doesnt limit the boot use in any way or look different.

most 8 or 9" subs would work well in a sealed enclosure in the wheel well with an internal volume of around 12-15L leaving loads of room for amp etc, and as long as you chose a narrow depth driver then the boot space wouldnt be altered at all.