Bose sub

dex140

Reaction score
Hi has anyone ran a bose sub of the standard non bose amp? I presume its possible but is it worth it??

Cheers

woudnt bother mate, the bose amp is like 6" and its rubbish, I left the orginal setup as it is, but have a amp and JBL 1200W woofer connected, much better :yes:

Can a mod please move this to ICE for me, probable a more suited area!!!

Thanks

woudnt bother mate, the bose amp is like 6" and its rubbish, I left the orginal setup as it is, but have a amp and JBL 1200W woofer connected, much better :yes:

How did you connect the jbl amp and sub to the original set up? Is it stealth and under the lining still?

i have bose system
where is the amp an wer is the sub?

i ordered my car with the bose system.
the sub was useless, ended up having to throw in a 10" JL audio sub and amp.

I'm getting a bit concerned now. I have a superb JBL system in my current car. I've got a BE sat at the showroom waiting for the snow to clear. Is the Bose REALLY that bad!

I'm getting a bit concerned now. I have a superb JBL system in my current car. I've got a BE sat at the showroom waiting for the snow to clear. Is the Bose REALLY that bad!

Its alright and worth having for the re-sale of your car I guess but its not the greatest coud do with a more powerful amp and sub...

My system isnt Bose, does even the standard system have a subwoofer in the boot too though?

Im sure mine has! :rockwoot:

yeah, on the passenger side, above and behind the wheel arch.
it has an amp that drives it and the rear speakers

The Bose sub runs off the main Bose amp. The problem with it is the flimsy plastic enclosure it resides in, the same one as the non Bose unit. You can tap into the loom to the main Bose amp in order to get the required feeds for a proper amp & sub.
All the info is here:
http://www.dizzythedog.com/index.php?f=data_audi_a3_stealth_sub&a=1

As said the non Bose system also has a flimsy sub which also houses an amp for the sub and rear speakers.