Bose v Audi sound system

Stig555

Reaction score
Sorry to be bombarding the forum with so many questions recently, but I have another.
If I under stand correctly the S1 has three audio options:

1. A ****** 4 speaker 40 watt system (that might only be available on the A1. I'm not sure).
2. "Audi sound system" this is an 8 speaker setup with a center and sub, but isn't branded. I think it's an 80 watt system or maybe 120 watt. This is the regular system on the S1 in most markets I believe.
3. The Bose.

The Bose is quite expensive and I'm not sure if it's worth the cash. I have experience with B&O systems in other Audi's and I think they are epic. However people don't seem to hold Bose in high regard. How much better is it that the regular system? Is it worth the money?

I never had the Audi sound system, in my old car I had the standard sound system and it was okay, and okay is a very generous opinion. Obviously, Audi want to upgrade people to the other systems so they're not going to make the standard cheaper options as good. I now have Bose in the S1 and all I can say is that it is incredible, it never crackles, the bass is incredible and the sound is crystal clear!

I had Bose in my A1 and it was a must when I was looking for an S1. Even when listening to the radio you can turn it up without any distortion.
My other half has the Seat sound system (which I think is equivalent to the Audi one) and it is a very good system but I deffinetely prefer the Bose.
Contact your local dealers they may have some demo cars with both systems, then play the same song(s) on them to make your mind up.
Good luck :)

Cheers

Chris

I tired, there are no local Bose cars around. So I guess it is a good system, no all I need to do is decide whether I should spec it or not.

I have the Audi Advanced Sound System in mine - I wanted to upgrade from standard but thought the Bose was over-priced.

I have to say that I'm very impressed; at the volumes I use it is crystal clear, with absolutely no issues. The only thing is you don't get the cool lights around the speakers!

I tired, there are no local Bose cars around. So I guess it is a good system, no all I need to do is decide whether I should spec it or not.
Where abouts are you?

The may be somebody on hear with Bose, that is not too far away.

Cheers

Chris

There's no cars at all at the dealership with a Bose system? Are you sure or did you just encounter an incompetent sales man. A demonstration on any model will suffice, they're all basically the same system.

The Bose system is ok, for what it is, however the Bose system is not Bose it is an Audi system. Audi have struck a deal with Bose to be able able to display the name. At some point I will be upgrading my stereo system, the only reason I havn't as of yet is because I thought the money would be best spent making the car go faster . The only reason I went for the bose was so that I got a 12 speaker system and didn't have to drill additional holes in the car to add speakers. With that said its not a bad upgrade but it is no Bang and Olufsen, however it really does depends on how you like to listen to your music.

DTYME83

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I have a 2016 tfsi sline, can anyone tell me the size of the front door speakers. Thanks

I have the Bose system and I like it a lot, nice clear sound with enough bass for my liking and when using my phone via Bluetooth it goes plenty loud enough for me