bought my first audi, brought it home and wallop! limp mode...

kenney valhalla

Reaction score
No smell, no smoke, but limp mode kicked, ive only drove 40miles in it aswell, gutted.

Its a Audi A3 2.0 TDI sport, never had an audi before ive always bought Jap (Impreza, Corolla, Civic and a swift lol)

any pointers? panicking

If it only does it at high speed or under load and is it ok if you restart engine? If so then you are looking at sticky vanes in the turbo causing over boost and limp mode, only resolution is circa 500 plus quid on a reconditioned turbo, I would get on the blower to the clown who sold you it ASAP! Good luck mate and welcome to asn

It drives fine until I put the welly down, after that limp mode. turn engine on/off and its fine again until i welly it again.

its got a 2k miles warranty so....

if the turbo has gone..

how much? is a reconditioned turbo a good idea?

Seriously, if you have only drove it for 40 miles and the turbo has gone then why are you even thinking of getting it fixed yourself?

Take the car back - there's plenty of good ones out there for ya :)

Welcome to the forum, Buddy. Sorry to hear you're having problems so soon with your new car, but as Trig has said, you don't even want to think about looking to fix it yourself as you've been sold a car with a serious issue. If you don't return the car and ask for your money back, you should demand that they fit a brand new turbo to it, which should make your car as good as new again. Hope you get it all sorted out, whether you decide to keep it or not. :) x

If you've got it under warranty call the people you bought it from straight away and ask them to rectify the fault.

its not the turbo, its the maf sensor, removed it last night and drove it up motorway, no issues at all. hopefully a new one will sort the problem!! apart from a few "niggles" I love this car, a lot more refined than a jap screamer.

its not the turbo, its the maf sensor, removed it last night and drove it up motorway, no issues at all. hopefully a new one will sort the problem!! apart from a few "niggles" I love this car, a lot more refined than jap screamer.

Mate, no disrespect but if you disconnect the MAF on a turbo diesel engine your car will feel like it's in a limp mode constantly!
Been there, done that. Anyone who drives a diesel will tellyou the same thing.

You sure you disconnected the MAF?

Seriously you're better off getting in touch with the place that sold you the car.

Mine went into limp mode with CEL the day I picked it up new from the dealership... Gas cap wasn't tightened propperly. Get it scanned and checked out before you start replacing sensors.