Bouncers Looking Sweet wheel wax

moorzy

Reaction score
I bought a pot of this off eBay for £14.95 to give a try over Christmas as haven't had time without rain to take wheels off, give them a REAL clean and coat in wheel armour, wait to cure, then replace.

New Year's Day, approx 13:00 hours, in sunny Manchester offered an hour and half of non torrential rain so, even though the neighbours were all doing stuff with their families, playing with the kids new motor powered minis; ferraris; porches; hover boards, drones etc.. I got the car outside moorzy towers, plumbed up the jet washer, filled a couple of buckets with water and soap, and remembered I'd bought the bouncers wheel wax. I ignored the giggles, smirks and whispers about "that saddo at number 17 washing his car again, even on New Year's Day" and got stuck in.

I started with the wheels and gave them a good enough going over to be considered gleaming(on the outside of the wheel at least :) ), carried on around the sills to get the plentiful amount of crud accumulated over the past few weeks of horrid horrid weather and daily treks over saddle worth moors off. Rinsed and refilled buckets with some nice hot water to help my freezing hands out and cleaned the body. Obviously being in north Manchester the weather was already looming large so cracked on and gave the body and wheels a dry with chamois and microfibre cloths.

I reckoned I would have enough time to give this bouncers stuff a try so got a new cloth to apply and dug out the thick microfibre that the eBay folks sent with the wax.

Opening the pot you are almost knocked out by the strength of the cherry scent, and it is lovely. I stick it under the noses of Mrs Moorzy and the kids who had graced us with their presents, sorry presence, over the festive period and they were bowled over by the smell. I loaded the cloth and covered the 1st wheel. The application of the wax was really smooth and effort less. I gave it 2 mins to set, pot says don't let dry and with the now impending downpour there was little risk of that happening. I then buffed off with the provided microfibre and it came off as easy as went on so was really pleased as wanted to finish all wheels before rain stopped play. I cracked on and completed the other three and when done they really did look gleaming and I was proper chuffed.

Fast forward a week and I've just give the car a once over with the jet wash and shampoo and was paying decent attention to the wheels to see what they would come up like after a week of daily trekking up and down the lovely M62 and I was disappointed to be honest. The brake dust was still sticking in the corners of the spokes and general grime wasn't for shifting any easier than without wheel wax so not a resounding success for me. Was hoping for a couple of weeks maybe of dust and grime being easier to jet off but alas not.

For me pro is the ease off application and removal and the lovely stink and when applied look beautiful, but the fact is it doesn't do what it says on the tin so for me not worth fifteen quid.

Peace out.

Shame as Bouncers waxes are usually pretty good! I don't think you can beat a good sealant on wheels. I usually use Gtechniq Exo on customers cars - works a treat.