Brads A4 B7 DTM progress thread

Thanks

Do you know if the timing belt cover sticker is available for like for like replacement?
I assume you mean this one ?

IMG 0622

Reactions: Bradderz_1988
if so I doubt you can get a replacement as obviously specific to the car from factory. However I bet if carefully peeled off you could scan it and get it printed in vinyl ....might be an option if you are trying to keep the engine bay looking factory ( ish)

Ah now that is smart! Covers all the gubbins beautifully. Is there a part number on it by chance??

Also, how are you fixing the right hand side cover in? I have heard people say they have just jammed it in but I think I’d like some fixings on it….

Thanks!
This is my list

Rain Tray Cover - 8E281944701C

Battery cover - 8E2819422A 01C

A/C cover - 8H0103928

PS cover - 8E0103927F

Front Bracket - 8E0899803

Bolts/grommets front for above

8E0103541

078129732A

N10553803

Bolts grommets PS side trim

8L0805596A

8E0103541

078129734A

N10553803

Yeah the A/C pipe cover is jammed in the clip is discontinued now but im going to try see if i can find a genuine one that will work just not got round to it yet

Reactions: Dan_G, tr7 and Charlie Farley
Little pic from our little break away in Thirsk, North Yorkshire.

Yes the cars filthy but can’t say no to a pic in the Quattro’s natural habitat :glee:
B9A60660 788C 4E14 95F7 436C3E849B51

• Love
Reactions: tr7, Gmac and Charlie Farley
yep, Quattro's are always at their best in inhospital conditions.:yahoo::yes:

So few more bits turned up to go to the pile of parts for the rear end refresh

A6 carriers
330mm S4 B8 Zimmerman disc
TRW cotec S4 B7 pads
Rear upper and lower control arms

Already drilled out the Ally S4 rear hubs to accommodate the larger M12 bolt for A6 carriers, new FAG wheel bearings installed so gave them a test fit of the car.

Not much more left to tick of the list now get xmas and my lads birthday out of the way and then can grab some of the more expensive bits like the verkline poly bush kit and 034 Rear ARB and last few bits of hardware.

IMG 5595

Replacement gearbox had a lil freshen up ready to go in when the Sachs performance clutch arrives.
IMG 5774
IMG 5892
IMG 5910

Also got some mounts painted and verkline bush pressed in ready to just throw on when the rear axle gets refreshed.
IMG 5890

Flywheel has landed also this morning so just need the clutch
IMG 5919

Reactions: Greeny233, Charlie Farley, tr7 and 3 others
Another job ticked of the list to do, passenger Window regulator replaced and it was the original one too !!

IMG 5980

IMG 5979
IMG 5981

also i gave it a quick wash as its not been cleaned since November possibly October, she was dirty more so at the front and side from the snow and country lanes we had commute when we went on our trip to Thirsk !!

IMG 5987

New clutch arrived Monday from Awesome GTI

IMG 6538
IMG 6588

Yesterday got the knackered box out.

IMG 6656

ECS RA4 swapped out for LUK DMF and Sachs Performance sintered clutch and genuine rear main crank seal fitted.

IMG 6658
IMG 6660
IMG 6661

Replacement box in.

IMG 6662

Now to fix the leaking HPFP banjo pipe and swap it to the later hose/barb fitting and also get a vac pump gasket seal kit to fix the oil leak i noticed whilst the box was out hopefully no more hiccups add them self to the list so i can actually get ticking stuff off the list instead of feeling like one step forwards two steps back B7 life i guess lol

Reactions: Gmac, Rob Avant and tr7
Making great progress chap, just reading it all again. :thumbs up:

What was the problem with the previous DMF/clutch?

Ordered this today as the gaskets aren’t available through the dealer you have to buy a new pump.
IMG 6704

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I bought a full kit a few years ago , not in the uk a they weren't available then with all the o-rings, @i3oricua was kind enough to get me one from the states, but more readily available in the uk now.

View attachment 273961View attachment 273962

View attachment 273963

ECS RA4 swapped out for LUK DMF and Sachs Performance sintered clutch and genuine rear main crank seal fitted.

View attachment 273964View attachment 273965View attachment 273966

Replacement box in.

View attachment 273967

Now to fix the leaking HPFP banjo pipe and swap it to the later hose/barb fitting and also get a vac pump gasket seal kit to fix the oil leak i noticed whilst the box was out hopefully no more hiccups add them self to the list so i can actually get ticking stuff off the list instead of feeling like one step forwards two steps back B7 life i guess lol
Nice work, looks like it’s all coming together.
I’ve got the same Sachs clutch and DMF set up. The clamping force is crazy compared to the standard unit, took awhile to get used to but it’s epic. Definitely worth the upgrade if you’re adding power!

View attachment 273961View attachment 273962

View attachment 273963

View attachment 273964View attachment 273965View attachment 273966

Replacement box in.

View attachment 273967

How did you find dropping the gearbox etc, straight forward, any thing specific to lookout for?
Time wise?

rob

Nice work, looks like it’s all coming together.
I’ve got the same Sachs clutch and DMF set up. The clamping force is crazy compared to the standard unit, took awhile to get used to but it’s epic. Definitely worth the upgrade if you’re adding power!
You go sintered fiction plate then ?

I was expecting a harder pedal myself but i have to say the pedal is not as bad as i was expecting.

Only did half a mile in it earlier today after fixing the leaking fuel pipe as ive changed it from banjo fitting to the rubber hose and barb fitting.

Will see how it is when i finish work later

How did you find dropping the gearbox etc, straight forward, any thing specific to lookout for?
Time wise?

rob
I have access to a 2 post ramp

Battery negative disconnect

remove os driveshaft heat shield, drop the gearbox subframe and remove the downpipe nuts at the cat and it should clear without dropping full exhaust/front pipe

Prop unbolted
Driveshafts unbolted
Linkages off
Then bell housing bolts out and drop the box

I started at 9am box was out by 10:45am another 3hrs and was all done.

Reactions: Rob Avant, ttelracs and Charlie Farley
Ordered this today as the gaskets aren’t available through the dealer you have to buy a new pump.
View attachment 273986
Did one of these just before Xmas as it non Quattro one had a big oil leak, very fiddly but very satisfying as when I removed mine it was full of oil and replacing the rings made the brakes feel like they had been overhauled and refreshed. A big difference and I was looking at kits on eBay earlier to do the same to the Quattro.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Did one of these just before Xmas as it non Quattro one had a big oil leak, very fiddly but very satisfying as when I removed mine it was full of oil and replacing the rings made the brakes feel like they had been overhauled and refreshed. A big difference and I was looking at kits on eBay earlier to do the same to the Quattro.
Just fitted it not noticed much with the brakes shall see how it goes

Just fitted it not noticed much with the brakes shall see how it goes
Mine was leaking oil really badly though. I bought the car from clearance place and there was a 'gunk' under the oil filler cap which I now know was an 'oil leak sealer' product because as soon as I dropped the oil and refilled it, it just leaked badly down the back of the gearbox and when I removed it, it was full of oil so mine really was bad. Maybe yours' wasn't so bad to notice a difference, but mine was night and day and they feel better than the brakes on my S-Line Quattro.

You go sintered fiction plate then ?

I was expecting a harder pedal myself but i have to say the pedal is not as bad as i was expecting.

Only did half a mile in it earlier today after fixing the leaking fuel pipe as ive changed it from banjo fitting to the rubber hose and barb fitting.

Will see how it is when i finish work later
No I went with the organic plate, almost went sintered but don’t think I’ll be going above 400pft with the build.

I found it heavier than then OEM clutch, always feels heavy compared to my daily Mk4 Golf. After living with it for a couple of years I’ve gotten used to it, handles all the power the old wagon has now without any issues and hopefully some more once the big turbo goes on.

Reactions: Sandra