Brake bleeding - Where can there be air?

just017

Reaction score
Recently my ABS pump went wrong, got a replacement off ebay and in terms of fault codes, it works, I decided to fully flush the brake system. So, all the fluid out, I then used a pressure bleeder and filled the system up again with fresh fluid, bled all 4 callipers (several times) but still the brake pedal is only about 50% effective. Just to note, each time i have used Vag Com to purge the ABS pump.

Are there any other nipples to bleed the system? If so where.

Regards

At a guess from my 8L S3 when i did this, the master cylinder will need bleeding too. I'd imagine the 8P is the same. I'm sure someone will verify whos in the know.

I dont think there is any more, I had that problem on my old 8L one but when I suggested it to somebody they confirmed there wasnt one any more. Worth a look anyhow, was an 8mm IIRC.

I couldn't see a nipple on the MSC. Would the fact that's it's DSG mean maybe there is another slave cylinder for the clutch?

i had major problems when i had a rear brake calliper replaced it was really bad pedal for ages then all of a sudden it just came back to normal , the garage bled them 4 times and me and my mate did them 3 times but they were exactly the same after each time , hope you get it sorted fella

I've just replaced my rear calliper and now i can't get my pedal to go back to normal even though it's been bled a few times

they are a nightmare mate mine just came back to normal all of a sudden don't know how but just came back to normal one day I'm guessing the air had worked its way up to the top

In stead of bleeding, why not try this.. take lid off the brake fluid reservoir, then push the calliper pistons back to force the fluid back up through the system.