Brake Calipers Painted!

Chris0906

YNWA
Reaction score
So finally got around to painting my brake calipers today while the weather was good. All went well really masked off and got to work, cleaned up with wire brushes first and then painted the calipers first using Hammerite Smooth Black Paint and then the disc guards in black and finally the hubs in Hammerite Smooth Silver. Let dry for 1-2 hours and then applied S-Line decals before sealing with a clear nail polish!! Pics below:

Before:
2015 05 11 163608

After:
2015 05 11 165934

2015 05 11 164106

2015 05 11 164150

2015 05 11 164230

Think this colour combination is definitely the best imo!!

What do you think?

Cheers

Chris

Reactions: Point_Audi, kanecullen89 and ruairi83
Looking good.
I am going to do mine the same colour scheme.

However you should not thickly paint the surface that the wheel fits onto as the wheel will come loose as the paint soften with heat.

Reactions: orac
Looking good.
I am going to do mine the same colour scheme.

However you should not thickly paint the surface that the wheel fits onto as the wheel will come loose as the paint soften with heat.
The wheel hubs only have a very thin coat of paint, did this before on our A3 and never had an issue!:)

Looking good Chris :thumbs up:

Little bit of high temp copper grease on the hub surfaces is a must whether you paint them or not IMHO. Stop's the wheels' sticking :thumbs up:

Reactions: orac, xpoweruk and V6 Quatt
Same as myself Phil, I then stuck on white Audi ring decals!:)

Looks good!
Do you need to take the callipers off to do this job? I'm sure I could handle a bit of painting but anything even slightly mechanical would be my limit!

Luke, you can paint the calipers while they are on the car without any issues, just be sure not to get any paint on the discs! :icon thumright:

This is what mine looked like with the old alloys! :)

uploadfromtaptalk1409418259242-jpg.39264

Reactions: Luke2.0tdi2010
So finally got around to painting my brake calipers today while the weather was good. All went well really masked off and got to work, cleaned up with wire brushes first and then painted the calipers first using Hammerite Smooth Black Paint and then the disc guards in black and finally the hubs in Hammerite Smooth Silver. Let dry for 1-2 hours and then applied S-Line decals before sealing with a clear nail polish!! Pics below:

Before:
View attachment 58109

After:
View attachment 58110
View attachment 58111
View attachment 58112
View attachment 58113

Think this colour combination is definitely the best imo!!

What do you think?

Cheers

Chris

Looks great mate. What size decal stickers did you put?

Looking good.

I like the Gloss black.Works well IMO :rock:

Think I'll revert to silver, not sure about this colour, thoughts!

Reactions: orac
Yeh silver will make it look cleaner OEM good work though

Garry the Blue looks good but I recon Rufuss' silver ones are the bomb. Especially with the black decals. Nicely understated.

Prefer silver or black myself

Garry the Blue looks good but I recon Rufuss' silver ones are the bomb. Especially with the black decals. Nicely understated.

There is nothing particularly attractive with those calipers , the hubs and disc guards so you're highlighting with silver which distracts from the bling which is the alloy wheel .

The silver also highlights any accumulating brake dust , yuk .

Black , anthracite , gunmetal etc .

There is nothing particularly attractive with those calipers , the hubs and disc guards so you're highlighting with silver which distracts from the bling which is the alloy wheel .

Don't hold back will you ;)

Back to silver, at least till I find the right blue!

Reactions: Bristle Hound, xpoweruk and chucky1
I still like Silver. Guys, get ceramic pads, say goodbye to dirty wheels.

Might do mine this weekend as you've inspired me TS
White car so debating between black and silver
And also debating if I can squeeze in without taking my rotors off, looks doable:screamcat::screamcat::screamcat::screamcat:

I just thought I'd keep them factory and the black audi decal matches the colour of the car. Everyone has different tastes.

Reactions: orac, xpoweruk and Garry Houseman