Brake Fault - Wont turn over

wrightyrx7

Reaction score
Hi all,

So my car got recalled for some sort of update on the firmware for the brakes last month.

Since then my car has been in and out of limp mode, when in limp mode i have to turn engine off and try again and eventually it corrects itself.

And now this....

The car will not turn over, when i turn the ignition on i can hear 3 faint beeps then a loud beep and the message in the image below.

Anyone else had this problem?

I have taken my car back to Audi regarding the limp mode, they just said they cleared the log and when it happens again take it back.

Whats_App_Image_2017_11_04_at_17_53_33.jpg

Is the battery fully charged?. My B8 A4 throws up all kind of brake warning when the battery is low , usually related to the parking brake.
Are you sure the firmware update was for the brakes and not the engine, what year and engine is the car?.

I too get the brake warning on 50% of startups. Not sure why but its been like it for months with no noticeable issues. I reckon it could be battery related so going to change that at somepoint. not a lot of info out there.
Some reports of the brake fluid sensor may be incorrectly reading.
I had it scanned when the haldex stopped working. Swapping the pumped fixed that but there was nothing else to worry about on the log.

Is the battery fully charged?. My B8 A4 throws up all kind of brake warning when the battery is low , usually related to the parking brake.
Are you sure the firmware update was for the brakes and not the engine, what year and engine is the car?.

Hi Desertstorm, thanks for taking the time to reply. Yes the letter said it was something to do with the antilock brakes.

Its a Audi A3 sportback (8P1), 2009, 1.9 tdi.

I too get the brake warning on 50% of startups. Not sure why but its been like it for months with no noticeable issues. I reckon it could be battery related so going to change that at somepoint. not a lot of info out there.
Some reports of the brake fluid sensor may be incorrectly reading.
I had it scanned when the haldex stopped working. Swapping the pumped fixed that but there was nothing else to worry about on the log.

Thanks for the reply Stakeknife. Yes, i am struggling to find any information and Audi are also scratching their heads at the fact it wont turn over.

After both your comments i am going to disconnect/reconnect the battery tonight and see if that fixes the problem. If not i will try another battery too.

I will let you know the outcome. I am open to any other suggestions too.

Thanks again
Chris

So its not the battery i can rule that out.

However, when i bypass the J682 Terminal 50 voltage supply relay in the fuse box under the bonnet it fires up straight away. Or if i connect a cable to the earth and give it a good earth it fires up but for some reason it stays energised.

Anyone have any clues?

So its not the battery i can rule that out.

However, when i bypass the J682 Terminal 50 voltage supply relay in the fuse box under the bonnet it fires up straight away. Or if i connect a cable to the earth and give it a good earth it fires up but for some reason it stays energised.

Anyone have any clues?
Now that you have that extra info would it not be better to go to Audi and explain your findings just incase there related

Yes i think i am going to take it to them tomorrow. An auto electrician came out told me it could be the fuse box of the relay. Swapped both today and the problem is still there.

He made me a cable so i can use the car if i need to. I have taken the below picture.

Fuse one is powered by fuse 2 and the car works like normal. I just have to disconnect when im not driving.

My_Fuse_Box.jpg

sounds like you have a short / grounding issue somewhere ?

Hi all,

So my car got recalled for some sort of update on the firmware for the brakes last month.

Since then my car has been in and out of limp mode, when in limp mode i have to turn engine off and try again and eventually it corrects itself.

And now this....

The car will not turn over, when i turn the ignition on i can hear 3 faint beeps then a loud beep and the message in the image below.

Anyone else had this problem?

I have taken my car back to Audi regarding the limp mode, they just said they cleared the log and when it happens again take it back.

Whats_App_Image_2017_11_04_at_17_53_33.jpg
Hi, did you find out the issue in the end. Mine went for recall 2\3 years ago and all of a sudden this is happening to mine but no limp mode just not starting and saying the same on dash. Tia.

Yes i think i am going to take it to them tomorrow. An auto electrician came out told me it could be the fuse box of the relay. Swapped both today and the problem is still there.

He made me a cable so i can use the car if i need to. I have taken the below picture.

Fuse one is powered by fuse 2 and the car works like normal. I just have to disconnect when im not driving.

My_Fuse_Box.jpg
Hi, I know this post is dead but what was the solution to this. Mine is doing exact same thing, It only starts after I leave key in on position for like 20 minutes...then only then I hear the electronics kicking in around starter and relay fuse box area.