Facelift Brake fluid change

GenerationGav

Reaction score
I got a call from my stealer today letting me know that my car at 2 years old is due a brake fluid change.
First of all I thought the first one was 3 years, they said this changed but can somebody confirm it.
Second of all they're asking £109 for it, presume that is ludicrous? Any issues me getting it done at my local indie? Only thing I can see is them not updating the digital records but not sure it'll make a difference anyway?

Mine had its first service recently at nearly 2 years old and the dealer also told me that brake fluid change was now 2 years and quoted £117. I queried the time interval and the price and when they sent me the Audi cam video the price had dropped to £70 which I agreed to authorise.

I confirm. When I checked the situation for my 2018 B9 the dealer told me it is due for brake fluid change but then realized this is for the newer model. So it is 2 years.

Wow, I didn't get charged for mine when it was first due. I seem to remember it wasn't as much as has been quoted here anyway...

I had mine done recently at 2 years. Yeh they wanted over 100 but I queried it and paid 60 something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When my last A4 B9 (2016) model was due for the brake fluid change after 3 years Audi did a combined MOT & brake fluid change at £115 which was not too bad.
Apparently they now recommend 2 years only, no initial 3 year period. I think I was charged about £68 in the end this time.

I was told by the service guy at my first 2 year service that it would be due by the 3rd year. I'm on a 3 year lease so i'll have to MOT the car before it goes back, is the brake fluid something that must be done? I thought if it doesn't show up on the dash then it doesn't need doing. I am reluctant to pay for the brake fluid when it will just go back days later so i'd like to avoid the cost if i can. But my lease says i must maintain the car and it must be done at the main dealer.

There will be loads of people who leased cheap black editions at the same time as me, keen to hear what others are planning?