Brake issue Audi A4 Cabriolet 1.8T

MILF

Reaction score
Before this happened, occasionally I would get the traction control light but when restarting car, light would disappear. However, recently, I've been getting the ABS light and traction light illuminate together and once again, if I restarted the car, lights would disappear. Now driving today, the ABS or traction light hasn't illuminated, however a new light has appeared. I have attached an image taken earlier today. Hopefully someone can help me

Abdul

Hmm that maybe the case.

Drivers side:

Passenger side:

They are the front axle brakes as rears were changed about 5 weeks ago. I was thinking what if it's a ABS issue or 3rd brake light switch as someone else mentioned them in another thread.

Kind regards, Abdul

That symbol means it's time to change the front pads, Looking at the Piccys there is what looks like 40% to 50% more ware to one side than the other poss sticky calliper and there's not a lot left on the more worn one. They should be the same thickness both sides

Would be worthwhile removing the wheels & checking the inner pads that you can't see, mine looked like they'd plenty on them when viewed thru' the wheels but the inner pads were worn..:ohmy:

Pads.. It means the wear sensor on the pads is indicating they are at the limit or the plug has come undone.. If pads are ok then check the plug/wiring. It'll be one or other..

Complete a brake strip down and use Lockheed red grease under dust sleeves on both sides (specially formulated for hydraulic applications) for a sticky piston. If dust sleeves are torn or piston is showing signs of corrosion the you can opt for brake kit (dust sleeve, caliper 'o' ring, etc) from Audi or opt for exchange caliper. Undo the brake bleed nipple when pressing the pistons in to see if the brake fluid is dirty. Worth doing a brake bleed all round at the same time and renew the brake fluid. Also grease the sliders and check for any signs of corrosion.

The pad signal often comes on because of damage to the wiring, not just worn pads. Found Brembo pads and discs to be excellent quality. The ABS symbol (or associated brake judder) at the same time could be dirt on the sensor or reluctor rings. Means undoing hub nut to remove from hub to wire-brush reluctor rings on cv joint, clean sensor with methylated spirits, etc. A fault code scan will identify before you go down this road.