Brake pad cost

h1r4

Reaction score
Hi, I've got the brake pad warning on come up on my car. Audi want £590 to replace front and rear. Does this sound right as it works out to be 307 Labour.

I can get the parts genuine for £256 and was thinking of getting it done elsewhere. Would this affect warranty or anything?

Thanks

Hi, I've got the brake pad warning on come up on my car. Audi want £590 to replace front and rear. Does this sound right as it works out to be 307 Labour.

I can get the parts genuine for £256 and was thinking of getting it done elsewhere. Would this affect warranty or anything?

Thanks

That sounds really expensive!

I can’t see any issues with warranty since they’re wear and tear parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
You will to use genuine audi parts if you wish to retain the warranty however Audi should price match:
https://beta.audi.co.uk/owners-area/servicing.html
https://www.jardinemotors.co.uk/audi/servicing-and-parts-offers/fixed-price-service/

There is no warranty on the pads and discs so fit what you like bud as it won’t affect the actual cars warranty from Audi.

Reactions: h1r4, tickedon, Daggerit and 1 other person
I wouldn't be so sure, yes the pads come under wear and rear, however I err on the side of caution and check with Audi first especially if the car is under finance...

I wouldn't be so sure, yes the pads come under wear and rear, however I err on the side of caution and check with Audi first especially if the car is under finance...

I would imagine that so long as they’re quality pads there shouldn’t really be a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: cuke2u
Although don't go to Kwik-Fit :screamcat:

Reactions: Nickfrog, WesT-gefül and Daggerit
There is no warranty on the pads and discs so fit what you like bud as it won’t affect the actual cars warranty from Audi.
This is what I'll do. Can't believe they're charging over 300 for Labour

This is what I'll do. Can't believe they're charging over 300 for Labour

Aftermarket slotted Discs and pads. https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threa...discs-and-pads-318x30-pr-code-1lc-1kd.374683/

Have a look at this thread. You could get some cool slotted disks for less than the price of Audi disks. Rear brake pads are available but the front pads are not just ready from being produced (still in RND) . Go for either Redstuff or Greenstuff pads. The disks you want are USR fine slotted. Or just go for the disks. It’s up to you. https://ebcbrakesdirect.com/automotive/audi/a4-b9/

Reactions: h1r4
If you know your Audi disks sizes you can match it up in that forum post I linked above. What are your disk sizes out of interest.

I would imagine that so long as they’re quality pads there shouldn’t really be a problem.

In Oz (I know, I know!!!), a manufacturer can not void warranty on work performed on the vehicle by another person, if:-
* The part is, at minimum, equal quality and is designed for that job, and
* The work was performed by a qualified person.

Last edited:
Reactions: cuke2u and Daggerit
Aftermarket slotted Discs and pads. https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threa...discs-and-pads-318x30-pr-code-1lc-1kd.374683/

Have a look at this thread. You could get some cool slotted disks for less than the price of Audi disks. Rear brake pads are available but the front pads are not just ready from being produced (still in RND) . Go for either Redstuff or Greenstuff pads. The disks you want are USR fine slotted. Or just go for the disks. It’s up to you. https://ebcbrakesdirect.com/automotive/audi/a4-b9/

Must like EBCs. Can't say I warm to them now they commenced developing Redstuff Pads for the B9 S4, then cancelled the project midway. Their CEO even has a B9 S4 as a daily driver. Now no one is making low dust/ceramic pads for it. Grrrrr!! :-(
....not concerned, at the moment, about the discs. You know, not the computer ones, the car ones.

Last edited:
Must like EBCs. Can't say I warm to them now they commenced developing Redstuff Pads for the B9 S4, then cancelled the project midway. Their CEO even has a B9 S4 as a daily driver. Now no one is making low dust/ceramic pads for it. Grrrrr!! :-(
....not concerned, at the moment, about the discs. You know, not the computer ones, the car ones.

You can get the rear pads from EBC. I have had a back and forth with EBC technical team. They are trying to sort out the back plates for the fronts. In a few months they said they would be completed. It won’t be far off because when I first contacted them, the front USR slotted disks were not available. They are now.

Whatever you do, don't buy anything with the EBC logo on it. And Barryboys style non-plain discs will look chav central IMO.

Not sure why we're even talking about discs in fairness.

I would also question why you would change both axles at the same time as unlikely they both triggered the sensors at the same time. Just have a visual inspection of your pads through the wheels with a phone+flash to determine which axle has triggered.

I would just buy boggo entry level Brembo pads for the axle needing changing (presumably the front), they're nice and cheap and get a local reputable garage to fit them, usually 30min. This should be around £100 in total surely.

No rush either btw, I bet my bottom dollar the pads in question still have 10k road miles left in them...

The sensors are very conservative and if it's triggered by the car based on algorithms that's even worse.

I'll need to check what percentage it was last time it went in. Believe it's the fronts that need changing

You can get the rear pads from EBC. I have had a back and forth with EBC technical team. They are trying to sort out the back plates for the fronts. In a few months they said they would be completed. It won’t be far off because when I first contacted them, the front USR slotted disks were not available. They are now.
To be sure, as I am ancient and easily confused, you are referring to Redstuff S4 pads, not A4 pads? I can not find rear pads anywhere on the 'net'. Do you have a link or part #.
Also what do you mean 'sort out the back plates for the fronts'? The fronts are far bigger than the rears.

To be sure, as I am ancient and easily confused, you are referring to Redstuff S4 pads, not A4 pads? I can not find rear pads anywhere on the 'net'. Do you have a link or part #.
Also what do you mean 'sort out the back plates for the fronts'? The fronts are far bigger than the rears.

The “back plates” meaning the template to design the front pads. They are not done yet with the front pads. You can get Redstuff pads for the rear. (For my car anyway). Check this link. https://ebcbrakesdirect.com/automotive/audi/a4-b9