Brake pads and Discs

Delinquent

Reaction score
Just trying to help a mate out with his new (to him) RS6 - a 2002 model. Garage say it needs new discs and pads, but genuine are a fortune - discs is one thing, but £300 for the pads seems ludicrous.

What are the thoughts on aftermarket - any brand recommendations?

Eurocar parts have some pretty good deals so keep an eye on them. Earlier this year I picked up a set of drilled Zimmermann's (excellent after market replacemnt) for the front for £300 :beerchug:

I also picked up a set of Pagid front pads for about £80 and if you're keeping an eye on your budget then these are perfectly good. Pagid are OEM but apparently there is a slight difference between the ECP ones and ones that come from Audi.

You could also check out having the discs skimmed depending on how badly shot they are.

Didn't your mate have any ideas about the costs involved before buying the car?

Hope that helps. :sm4:

I get my disks and pads from Audi... I've tried a few different sets of disks and none seem to work 'right'

the OE pads do seem to dust a lot, so I'm going to try DS2500 pads next.

Wow ,no way.

I've swapped out EBC Yellowstuff for DS2500 to EBC Redstuff.

Yellowstuff and DS2500 are on par for dust, alot of dust.

Redstuff is the lowest dust brake pad I have ever come across.

Reactions: 45bvtc, T-800 and the_cueball
lol

I hate EBC.. especially the red stuff! I took them out after 1 month!

takes all sorts I guess... pads are as personal as everything else!

Yeah sure, different experiences and so subjective like tyres.

Sure Redstuff ain't for the track.

My experience was back to back swapping out all 3 pads inside a year . On a brand new caliper and disc big brake front and rear set up.

I suffered terrible brake squeal on the RS3, had the brake setup replaced twice by Audi under warranty, but it was still there so then I decided to change the oem Brembo/Pagid pads for EBC Redstuff after a recommend from another RS3 owner, the result is better bite, no squeal/noise and very low dust.

In my opinion they are miles better than the Audi pad and all it's problems.

Reactions: 45bvtc
Just replaced my front pads on the RS6 with Black Diamond Predators, £101 delivered (rears about £90), seem to be ok so far, Had them on my A4 and they were very good with the mtec drilled/ grooved discs