Brake pads and discs

Beaver02

Reaction score
Hi guys
Sorry if this has been asked before.

My 2017 S3 is in need of new front pads and discs and I refuse to pay the £400 to have them replaced at Audi so a mechanic friend will do them for me.

Searching on euro car parts etc for my discs and pads but it comes up with multiple options so I just wondered if someone knew the sizes or even the links of the pads and discs that I will need.

Thanks in advance

You need the PR numbers that’s on your service book or sticker in the boot.
That’s how you match it to the different ones available.
Some of the cheaper discs don’t have painted/coated hubs and it turns rusty looking after a few days.
I would also get better branded pads as I’ve had cheap pads crumble and disintegrate under hard braking before on my old golf.
Trw is a good quality brand and normally comes with all the fittings and sensors.

Go to AUTODOC and buy them from there,

Your service manual has your brake codes listed for both front and rear

I recommend the Brembo extra line coated disks with Brembo pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Adam14
Hi guys
Sorry if this has been asked before.

My 2017 S3 is in need of new front pads and discs and I refuse to pay the £400 to have them replaced at Audi so a mechanic friend will do them for me.

Searching on euro car parts etc for my discs and pads but it comes up with multiple options so I just wondered if someone knew the sizes or even the links of the pads and discs that I will need.

Thanks in advance
Here you go mate: ebay item number is ( 273247370528 )

How many miles have they lasted you, been driven hard? I’m on 23k Miles now on 2016 facelift, I better check my pads by the sounds of it.

How many miles have they lasted you, been driven hard? I’m on 23k Miles now on 2016 facelift, I better check my pads by the sounds of it.
Mine still on probably last me long time , Changed on 30K done so far 36k miles and they perform better than oem the brands called kinetix with brembo pads or you can get mintex pads. :)

Reactions: TYb
My car is in 21,000 miles and according to the most recent “health check” 3 days ago the wear on discs and pads is minimal so far.

My car is in 21,000 miles and according to the most recent “health check” 3 days ago the wear on discs and pads is minimal so far.
Here you go boys these are discs i got on my car

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    398.8 KB · Views: 123
Go to AUTODOC and buy them from there,

Your service manual has your brake codes listed for both front and rear

I recommend the Brembo extra line coated disks with Brembo pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you using the Brembo pads? If so, what are they like for brake dust? The OEM ones that came on my S3 are awful for front brake dust!!

Are you using the Brembo pads? If so, what are they like for brake dust? The OEM ones that came on my S3 are awful for front brake dust!!
I used mintex bud , tbh i even compared brembo textar mintex they all come out of same factorys , and perform better am waiting for mintex racing pads to be annouced .

I used mintex bud , tbh i even compared brembo textar mintex they all come out of same factorys , and perform better am waiting for mintex racing pads to be annouced .

Cheers, I find the performance of the OEM pads good, but its just the brake dust. I looked into ATE Ceramic Pads, but theyre not meant to have a good 'cold bite'...not what you want with 300bhp!

Cheers, I find the performance of the OEM pads good, but its just the brake dust. I looked into ATE Ceramic Pads, but theyre not meant to have a good 'cold bite'...not what you want with 300bhp!
Am happy with these atm might get them again for the RS3 8v for Rears they same discs but pads are diffrent on them , also check this ebay item number ( 273535474201 ) just copy and paste it into ebay :)

Reactions: alpesh26