BRAKE PADS for TRACK work ONLY

45bvtc

The Older I Get The Better I Was
Supporter
Gold Supporter
"I need something that will take the odd track day at Knockhill without disintegrating like the set of Redstuff did after 5 laps on a 300bhp Focus ST-3. I kid you not, the pad material literally came away from the backing plate and for that reason I will never use an EBC Brakes product again as long as I'm not driving a mobility scooter.

They were also rubbish on my Downhill MTB

HP2000 is marketed to be everything DS2500 is but with improved dust production less noise and less wear, I loved DS2500 as a dual duty pad so will be good to see how the HP2000 hold up."

PS: it isn't me that needs 'em but recommendations for others are seriously sought...

45bvtc

The Older I Get The Better I Was
Supporter
Gold Supporter
Back in the 70's I'd have recommended FERODO DS11s, NO question; everyone used 'em for fast road and track

But in the late 70's/early 80's the Heath and Safety brigade arrived and banned 'em 'cos they contained asbestos, and that when the **** (a technical term) problems began...

Interestingly, F1 drivers can tell the difference between the similar current compounds delivered from different manufacturers - a huge subject IS race/track brakes compounds and discs.

Anyone watching/listening to this years Le Mans would have heard brake squeal in abundance - great on track but absolute **** (that technical term again) at the petrol filling station/chipshop/supermarket/traffic lights, etc...:sadlike: