Brake pedal going stuff when not in use

Toonsoldier91

It's my birthday
Reaction score
Morning everyone

noticed yesterday while at the local zoo with the kids when I got back into the car my pedal had gone hard

seems to be fine once started but takes some force to get the car started

am I right in thinking that this will just be the vac hose for the brakes ? Once I start the car the pedal drops pressure and to me returns to normal

my pads are really low ( hoping to get them done today if the lad can make it inacse it’s just the pads being low causing it )

anyone got any ideas ?

I imagine it's just the same as all other cars where the pedal goes stiff if the engine is off. I know what you mean about trying to start it but it never actually stopped me getting the thing turned over.

I imagine it's just the same as all other cars where the pedal goes stiff if the engine is off. I know what you mean about trying to start it but it never actually stopped me getting the thing turned over.
Never had this before on this car I’d normally be able to press it down atleast quarter to half way to start the engine and now it’s literally rock solid where you have to really stamp on it to start the car

Mine does this too, but usually when left for a few days. Never noticed it with my previous B9 though.

Mine does this too, but usually when left for a few days. Never noticed it with my previous B9 though.
ive seen it’s quite a common thing and people just live with it. From what I can gather it’s a non return valve that leaks or something. Mine does it with in a hour.

im sure it’s close to the fluid just under the plastic at the bottom of the window The rest is mostly pipe into the manifold so gonna buy a one and see if it fixes the issue