Brake upgrade

SI-W85

Reaction score
I have just upgraded the brakes to some S5 callipers with some red stuff pads and black diamond discs, the disc and pad combo make them a bit noisy but I'm sure I'll get used to it, the stopping power is so much better though but so they should be. Straight swap very easy to do well worth the money.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 148
Reactions: RS5 JON
Look much better too

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 119
Cheers John yeah Gaz I know they noisy I normally go for dimpled and grooved but this is the first time I've had just grooved and they do seem noisier to me :/ maybe with the harder red stuff pads too I will notice it more. Always worth it though if not for the better braking they deffo look better :)

I'm a fan of the pad, they are hard and can take 1500 miles to bed in.

But pure grooved are just pure noisy.

looking good

I'm a fan of the pad, they are hard and can take 1500 miles to bed in.

But pure grooved are just pure noisy.

Lol yeah as I'm beginning to find out :/ think a change of disc may be in order for some standard S5 discs maybe, I have a 600 mile trip to do tomorrow so will see how they go on.

looking good

Cheers Bez they deffo look the part just need to change the S5 badge on the calliper however my cars already a mix match what with bmw wheels on S4 quad pipes with an oil burner under the bonnet haha may as well just confuse people a bit more lol

Bigger pistons? Do you get more pedal travel or did you change the master cylinder as well?

I modify bikes as a hobby. I find that bigger brake pistons with the same master cylinder gives better feel and braking power but more lever travel. Maybe the servo brakes on a car are not as sensitive to this as a bike where you can see/feel the distance between lever and handlebar....

Bigger pistons? Do you get more pedal travel or did you change the master cylinder as well?

as far as I know there the same master