brakes sticking ?

bagey

aud you do !
Reaction score
noticed it a week or so ago that when i had my windows down i could here a "hisssing" sound coming from the car as if the brakes were catching . the brakes were starting to get low anyway so had the front disc and pads changed the other day, thinking my problems were solved to find that it hasnt went away . could it be that i need the brake fluid changed ? just wondering if anyone else has had anything similar as im getting sick of the extra attention i bring when driving along lol

You can tell if if you're caliper is sticking if one of you're wheels is hotter than the others or jack up car and spin wheel to see is it spinning freely.

Iv just had to have new rear pads and an hours labour un-seizing my rear calipers. The only way I noticed was that the car would hesitate when moving from a stand still. As said above, jack it up and spin the wheels

got calipers checked and they are fine , tried pushing the plate behind the brake disc back to see if that was catching but that hasnt made any difference . so i tried swapping the tyres round and the noise has changed sides lol . so its got something to do with the wheel or tyre ? , im thinking it must be the tyre is out of shape or something ???

Got a better description of the noise? Take a mechanic from the garage out in it and show him what it is

me pal is master technician at vw fella so he has checked everything he can , hes the one who told me to change tyres round and since i have the noise has followed . ill make a video of the noise and ill put it up on here so that you can here it

im trying to put it on through photobucket but carn't get it on, anyone tell me how to do it please

I'll take wheel off again and have a look but I'm sure the rim on the inside is ok , Steve think you could be right mate Ive convinced myself that it is the tyre, just wanted to make sure before going to buy one . Thanks again lads for the reply's