Cheeks

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls, merry Christmas and all that!

I've been having an ongoing problem with brakes that I can't seem to sort out, here's what I've done so far...

Rebuilt master cylinder
Pressure bled system
New disks
New pads

The problem is that the front right/back left seem weaker than the front left back right, you can visibly see when bleeding them that they don't have as much pressure going through.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do?
I've heard something about cycling the ABS system using vag com but I don't really want to buy all that kit just to bleed brakes

Takes a while to get fluid all the way to the rears... much longer than doing the fronts... ABS does not need to be cycled assuming you haven't run the hydraulic system dry...

Fluid travel will just be slower to the rear so stick with it

<tuffty/>

...I also assume you have bled the master cylinder... this needs to be done last

<tuffty/>

Hey, yeah I've done the lot a few times now including cylinder, it just seems odd because the back right and front left seem fine! Just the opposite corners!

Whats the recondition of the hoses? The can breakdown on the inside and restrict flow

I think everytime you bleed, you have to start from scratch as the pressure bleeder will push air in first. So 2 litres of new fluid 30 seconds full flow (after bubbles) on each wheel then 30 seconds on both master nipples.

Yeah stu, tried already unfortunately!

When it comes to the condition I'm not 100% sure, just had a new rear right pipe in as it failed MOT for corrosion so I'm assuming there's a chance the back left may become an issue.

Does anyone know where I can buy the front hoses?
Car is a 1.6 petrol 52 plate

GSF? Sorry I've only ever used ECP haha and they don't have it on the site

Also anyone know the part numbers?

I think so mate, headlights are in one piece not split at the indicator?

Well that should be them on that link as tuffty said don't forget the 50% off they do sales every weekend 40-50% off double check and enter your reg in

Sick! Brings them down to £14 for the 2, I know someone that can make up the back left one for me, ticks another possibility off the list doesn't it!

Delayed update!

Well I've been very very stupid...
When I changed my pads/disks I've swapped the front pads by accident, mechanic pointed out when doing my clutch that two of the pads, had longer arms on them, is accidentally swapped them and it had bent the arms, straightened them for me and put them back, all good now!
Still doesn't explain why I had the issue before doing all that work but hey, it's one less money pit!