Brakes

chris1988brown

Reaction score
hi guys, quick question, what are the sizes of the front and rear discs on a 07 2.0tdi 170 s-line and what size are they on a s3? also is it worth upgrading to the s3 brakes as ive been offered a full set for a cracking price?

cheers in advance chris

S3 brakes are a big upgrade against stock, i'd upgrade if i got a set for cheap...
front discs are 345mm
rear discs 310mm

standards are arond 288mm and i done the upgrade in the past and it was definitly worth it.

The standard brakes with a remap and me at the wheel didnt feel up to i but the S3 stuff was the business.

S3/LCR (Newer one)/3.2 A3/R32 - Same brakes, diff looks.

cheers for all the input guys:) is it just a staight swap with the originals, all the brake lines just swap straight overs etc? ]

cheers chris

cheers for all the input guys:) is it just a staight swap with the originals, all the brake lines just swap straight overs etc? ]

cheers chris

Yeah a straight swap but you will need a set of s3 brake hoses/lines coming off the caliper as they're different

Anyone know how much I should be paying "all in" for a set of S3 brakes front and rear? And what about fitting?

To install the brakes do you need to bleed the brakes following doing all the nuts and bolts up and is this an easy job?

To install the brakes do you need to bleed the brakes following doing all the nuts and bolts up and is this an easy job?

You will definately need to bleed all 4 calipers, not a hard job i would say but requires 2 people. 30 min job max