Brand new glacier white s line

ds7090

Reaction score
All

I collected my new a3 on the 1/3 and the rear bumper looks off colour to me,

Is this normal ?

It can be normal, slightly different paint batches plus body is metal bumpers are plastic.
So sometimes you may see a slight shading difference.

My A3 is Glacier White and everything matches up perfectly However most major manufacturers but their non-metallics in ready painted.

Would most definitely say NOOOO.... !!!

Without having seen it, it sounds like a really bad correction work done at the dealership after a damage to the bumper.

I would go back to dealer right away.

The Peugeot 308 I have until tomorrow (where I collect my A3, woohoo!!) has front and back bumpers one shade darker than the rest of the car. This is due to my old colleague being involved in a smaller car crash. The correction work was then badly made, probably without the whole car, so the panels do not match...
At the end of the day, I don't care, it's a rental, but had it been my own I would go crazy.

Would most definitely say NOOOO.... !!!

Without having seen it, it sounds like a really bad correction work done at the dealership after a damage to the bumper.

I would go back to dealer right away.

The Peugeot 308 I have until tomorrow (where I collect my A3, woohoo!!) has front and back bumpers one shade darker than the rest of the car. This is due to my old colleague being involved in a smaller car crash. The correction work was then badly made, probably without the whole car, so the panels do not match...
At the end of the day, I don't care, it's a rental, but had it been my own I would go crazy.

We had a Ford KA and both were a shade off from new with no crashes involved....
If in doubt i'd ask a local body shop to have a quick look before you go to a dealer.
I still say they will say its the norm on some cars..

I tend to agree, if you look at most cars in car park the bumpers will look slightly out from different angles. I am sure that the plastic trim is not part of the same painting process with the main bodyshell.

No. I collected mine a few days ago and every inch of the car that should be Glacier White matches perfectly. Take it back to the dealership.

There is a video online of the manufacturing process of the new A3 and all parts are painted together - all car plastics are painted at the same time so they should all match. Sounds like dodgy correction to me.

i have had to have the bumper painted as around the rear sensors the paint was flaky,

i ahve been on to audi and tolsd them i want a new glacier white bumper from the or they did say that they have a demo car coming in 3 weeks and may change the bumpers over which i would have no problem with

i accept a light varince between plastic and metal,

Its amazing that other people i ahve showed this to cant really see my concerns.

Best way to tell is to park under an old sodium orange street light at night. Shows up all the problems!