Bre discs and pads

riggssuzuki

Reaction score
Hi all. My wifes A1 1.4 TFSi 185bhp is close to needing new discs and pads all round. Any recommendations or just stick to OEM? I always feel the brakes are a little under powered for the car. Could be done with a wee bit more bite. I don't want to spend hundreds but at the same time I would like to get something half decent.

Always been happy with either Pagid or Textar from Euro Car Parts. Put Pagid discs and pads all round on my A3 (plus some fresh Castrol React Performance DOT 4 brake fluid) in August and after bedding in, they feel great. If your existing pads/discs need replacing they are probably not performing at their best.

Hi all. My wifes A1 1.4 TFSi 185bhp is close to needing new discs and pads all round. Any recommendations or just stick to OEM? I always feel the brakes are a little under powered for the car. Could be done with a wee bit more bite. I don't want to spend hundreds but at the same time I would like to get something half decent.

Recently put OEM discs and pads on ours and I must say am mega impressed with feel and bite. I did try EBC, ordered and received but didn't fit and so after much conversation with EBC they decided they couldn't provide the correct brake disc for the 185bhp A1, so beware ordering elsewhere.

Oh, and I POR15 (clear) prep'd the discs and calipers before fitting (they'll not rust again...):

A1 POR15 front brake disc A1 POR15 rear brake disc A1 POR15 front brake disc 2