breaks fix update

Vito

Reaction score
I received a phone call this morning from Audi UK and have been told that as early as next week there should be an official announcement about the breaks fix and before the end of the month I will have my car booked in for the work.

I asked the guy what exactly the fix involves, he wasn't 100% sure but said that looks like they are going to replace all the system (discs, calipers and pads).

I mentioned about the fix what has been applied to Alanjp RS3 in Bavaria but said that when the announcement is made is world wide so there is no way that the german friends are having it done already, it could be that the fix to Alan's car is the official one, but it's not official yet..

and finally they will ring me again as soon as they know more about it.

Have a nice weekend everyone and see you all in wales.:salute:

Well thats a bit of good news for you guys. :) x

THANK you Vito, the good news is getting more regular... :applaus: though NOT yet definitive!

Last edited:
Would this be the same for the TTRS as mine have started this annoying squeal at low speeds

Finally! Audi changed my pads as a 'good will gesture' 500 miles in and it's started again! Is it worth contacting Audi or just wait for the fix to be announced?

I received a phone call this morning from Audi UK and have been told that as early as next week there should be an official announcement about the breaks fix and before the end of the month

I too received a phone call from Audi UK and was told a fix was imminent although was not told what the fix would entail, I was told that as my case was logged and open a couple of months ago I would be near the top of the list to have the fix applied to my RS3.:yahoo:
As with Vito, I was told that I would here back as soon as they here more, with an update proably at the end of the month but it should not be that far off now as they are in the final stages of testing I believe.

Seems like they are telling everyone they are top of the list.... :wtf:

I'll go last; in fact, I'd prefer they didn't modify mine at all... :blow:

Any more news on this? Picking my car up on Saturday from a main dealer. They don't seem to know alot about this (as expected).

No not yet still waiting on that phone call!

Mine are 'so loud' at the moment....... everyone's gonna hear me before they see me on Sunday meet

Mine are 'so loud' at the moment....... everyone's gonna hear me before they see me on Sunday meet

News from a friend in Germany today suggests AN official Audi 'fix' really IS on its way Robbimac, but it'll not be before this weekend; from the pictures I've seen it's a bit of a Heath Robinson 'fix', but it is on its way... and will be as used previously on other Audis and VWs. Be patient!

As I've said, please leave any modifications on my car till last...

Oh, and see my post on the revised "Fed up with squeaking factory front brake pads." Has anyone tried these?

Audi customer services called me in response to some questions I had on the history of the car I am purchasing. Nothing too spectacular done on it: cooling ducts and some kind of "fuel" related warranty fix that the dealer can tell me more about on pick up apparently. My big question was regarding brake issues and if they knew of any recall or fix on the way. They said they have no idea of the issue or of any fix any time soon. God I hope she was wrong. Wouldn't mind having some new brake components on just purchased used RS3.:arco:

Info from Germany today (9th April 2013) robbimac suggests your local Audi dealer are SOON gonna be hanging mini-weights off yer calipers; lay money on it now...

BREMBO (bless 'em) provided a similar 'fix' for the Corvette, check it out...

View attachment 13898

HOW cool is that/this?

The weights are designed to 'wobble' - everso slightly, of course - to upset/change/dampen out the harmonics/squeal from the pad/disc/caliper interface....

BREMBO did a similar 'fix' for (some) Porsche's - and guess who ownes Porsche now???

What a Mickey Mouse fix?

See you on Sunday robbimac, seriously looking forward to it, and we'll discuss, I'm sure.

I'll have some Mintex self-adhesive anti-squeal shims in my pocket: £5 to £17 on eBay, and my brakes remain silent! LOL!

Hi. Just picked up my RS3 today, only had 30 miles in the car so still figuring things out. No squeal yet. The salesman followed up on my query regarding the brake fix. He said that his service department are expecting a "technical fix" announcement soon. Not sure what this means in terms of components. I guess the only good news is that as a "salesman" (who generally don't find out about these things) he is aware of a fix coming and said he would be in touch to get the car booked. Audi Uk are apparently in the component testing phase. He could not say when that was going to happen of course.

RE: "his service department are expecting a "technical fix" announcement soon"

What's new?

Speaking to a friend at Audi the Bulletin went on the board yesterday about this but no details as yet to what parts are booked in for the fix.