Brick Acid Anyone? NOT

pazaz

Reaction score
When cleaning the Nogster earlier, my neighbour approached me with the standard line:

"Your gonna wash the paint off that soon if your not carefull" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

After noiticing my new Rs4 wheels and commenting how nice they look /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/love_4.gifHe then went on to say:

"If you ever have trouble cleaning them or have any marks on em you cant get off, give me a shout, Ive got just the stuff, and I can get of much of it as you want from work"

Me, now thinking this could be usefull replies " that could come in handy , whats it called?"

The respose was deadly serious and he replied " BRICK ACID" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

He said hes used it frequently on all his cars and it takes the elbow grease out of cleaning wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Can you believe this? Im sure he been drinking the stuff all afternoon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

One I my mates swore by using some kind of acid to clean his wheels, but I had to laugh one day when I saw what it had done the wheels.

It had turned them white
cry.gif

[ QUOTE ]
One I my mates swore by using some kind of acid to clean his wheels, but I had to laugh one day when I saw what it had done the wheels.

It had turned them white
cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

At least they are clean! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

most alloy wheel cleaners are acid based, it's just they are quite dilute.
Some pofessional valleters use brick acid, as it's basically just a more concentrated version and it's cheaper. They do water it down a bit though.

Yip "fairy liquid" is as dangerous as i will do to my alloys myself, but will use a bottled version no prob cause you can sue! maybe settle out of court for a RS6 ! lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif