Brilliant Black with Alcanatra/Leather or Ibis White and black styling pack

Brilliant Black with Alcanatra/Leather or Ibis White and black styling pack

• Total voters

Daveotto

Staff member
Reaction score
Decided to stay with Audi after I was not over convinced on the Mercedes GLA250 (see separate thread).

In addition now that we have MY16 changes the 1.8TFSI Quatrro Auto is discontinued and was not replaced with the 2.0TFSI (unfortunately) so next car will be 2.0TDI Quatrro Auto after briefly flirting with an S3 but common sense prevailed over speed (I drive to fast as it is)

Now wrestling with final details of spec which is same in most parts as in signature but getting rid of the part polished alloys which are a real ****** to clean and protect for the 10 spoke (not part polished) alloys and not speccing roof rails this time round

Only remaining decision is colour/interior trim as want a change from Daytona Grey so thought I would ask your your views, price does not come into it as are as near as damn it identical

Reactions: Pulp84
I love the alcantara in mine but i think its different in s-line and i'm not as keen on the perforated look. I've not seen Ibis White, is it less creamy looking than Amalfi? If so, i would go for that option. Although, that said, Daytona is nice.

That didn't really help, sorry :)

I love the alcantara in mine but i think its different in s-line and i'm not as keen on the perforated look. I've not seen Ibis White, is it less creamy looking than Amalfi? If so, i would go for that option. Although, that said, Daytona is nice.

That didn't really help, sorry :)

I had wanted Ibis White when I ordered my current 8V but it got took out of MY14 for Amalfi white and is less cream than Amalfi but less "blue" that Glacier and is solid rather than metallic

Amalfi is a pain in hindsight - Ibis is a bit more plain but its a really nice colour. That and black pack would be a winner in my book.

Think your alloy choice is spot on too. Personally I'd always go with alacantara. It wears best :)

I had wanted Ibis White when I ordered my current 8V but it got took out of MY14 for Amalfi white and is less cream than Amalfi but less "blue" that Glacier and is solid rather than metallic

The creamyness was what put me off Amalfi, thats why i went for Brilliant Red. Wife decided i'd spent enough already so paint had to be free. Kinda glad now though as i really like it. And if i do wrap it yellow in a couple of years, at least i've not paid for anything thats getting covered.

Amalfi is a pain in hindsight - Ibis is a bit more plain but its a really nice colour. That and black pack would be a winner in my book.

Think your alloy choice is spot on too. Personally I'd always go with alacantara. It wears best :)

Had first big issue with biathlon at the weekend when my son (16) decided to offload have a cup of maccy d's hot chocolate on the frontt seat, cleaned now, but stain was a ****** to get out

Ibis/black pack/alcantra was not an option I had considered but could be a more expensive compromise if I cant be persuaded one way or the other

Have you placed the order? Do you know what level of discount you're getting? Could be a bargaining tool if dealer isn't quite able to match carwow etc.

I went for brilliant black with black pack maybe abit pointles because it all blends in , not to keen on the chrome look tbh , also I've gone for the biathlon just because of my budget

Have you placed the order? Do you know what level of discount you're getting? Could be a bargaining tool if dealer isn't quite able to match carwow etc.

Not ordered and still negotiating northwards of 10%

Reactions: Psyman79
Bit weird looking at other white Audi's that aren't Glacier, and I'm seeing quite a few........to me, the colour looks odd. Not sure if it's just because I have glacier white, which is an extreme whiteness or what. Take it you're not a fan of glacier white? Out of the choices you have stated, I would go with the black. If glacier was an option, I would still choose that. However, colours are such a personal thing with cars. They will all look great.

Thanks for the replies, so Ibis White with black pack wins which I cant disagree with!!!!

So once I have added leather seats on the Ibis White and looked around at some online deals common sense has gone out the window and now in the process of pushing the button on an order for.........

Ibis White S3 SB Stronic....................and unbelievably the 116BHP is costing around £300

Reactions: Psyman79 and Sandra
@Daveotto good to see you sticking with audi Dave. Lol, i havent done a countdown music thread for ages. May need to do one again. :) x

@Daveotto good to see you sticking with audi Dave. Lol, i havent done a countdown music thread for ages. May need to do one again. :) x

Have not quite pushed the button yet, but sure I will even after sleeping on it over the weekend.
Music countdown thread would be good and at least this time it will be less than a 25 weeks wait, hopefully.
Also good to have some uniqueness again with so many A3's on the road these days...LOL

Reactions: Sandra
@Daveotto when you push the button we will do a countdown. Look forward to your decision. :) x

Thanks for the replies, so Ibis White with black pack wins which I cant disagree with!!!!

So once I have added leather seats on the Ibis White and looked around at some online deals common sense has gone out the window and now in the process of pushing the button on an order for.........

Ibis White S3 SB Stronic....................and unbelievably the 116BHP is costing around £300

Might as well go the full crazy and order a saloon :)

Reactions: Blackwhite
@Daveotto when you push the button we will do a countdown. Look forward to your decision. :) x

@Sandra the button has been pushed after a test drive today of an S-tronic,during which I flew past a TTRS, but don't think it was trying.....I ordered a manual with a 12% discount!!!

DSG is a great gearbox, had it in audis, golfs and skoda's, and I know I am sacrificing launch control and 0.4 secs on 0-62 but wanted something more engaging to drive and have got £1300 or thereabouts for some other options, if I choose...

Spec is:
S3 SB
Ibis White
Napa leather interior
Comfort pack
Audi speakers
Hold assist
Folding mirrors
Interior light pack

Reactions: Psyman79 and Sandra
Wow Dave, that is a nice spec. They gave you any idea on a delivery date? Hope its not 5 months like last time. :) x

Wow Dave, that is a nice spec. They gave you any idea on a delivery date? Hope its not 5 months like last time. :) x

Should get a build week confirmed in next 7 days and currently looking at mid July, which will be in time to take it to France for summer hols If not will hold out for the new 65 plate.

Was offered a very similar spec but in Brilliant Red that was on the boat to Harwichbut really did not want the red ever if it mean I coukd take delivery in a month.

Should get a build week confirmed in next 7 days and currently looking at mid July, which will be in time to take it to France for summer hols If not will hold out for the new 65 plate.

Was offered a very similar spec but in Brilliant Red that was on the boat to Harwichbut really did not want the red ever if it mean I coukd take delivery in a month.
Which dealer did you order from?