Budget coilovers

Grale1

Reaction score
hi guys I am looking into getting some budget coilover in the next few weeks and wondered what brand is good? I used to have the FK ones on my FWD A3 and now I have a A3 Quattro on a 2001 plate. So any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Si

DPM are your best bet mate, they sorted me out after i was getting messed around by venom motorsport and various other companies trying to source some coilovers for my TQS. I got the APs on my car and rate them, they're still a pretty harsh ride but not as bad as the FK's and JOMS

I got AP coilovers from awesomegti.

They are great and I would highly recommend getting them from awesomegti.

AP's are a great balance of comfort, performance and budget... But if you just want cheap lows then JOMs and FK AKs are fine. A bit harsh and crashy perhaps but build quality is reasonable (2 year warranty on the JOMs) and all round they're fine for every day driving. . . At at 150 sheets you really cant grumble!

Bit harsh for road use IMO, prefer springs and shocks, but joms are good value for money if you want cheap adjustable hight suspension.

Cheers for the input guys, I had the FK street ones on my A3 FWD and I'll proberly got with the AP's one the Quattro as they look a good down the middle bit of kit