Bugaboo pushchair in A4 Cabriolet

zeratul

Reaction score
Just for you 'soon to be' mothers or fathers who were wondering if a pushchair/buggy would fit in an A4 Cabriolet!

Here is our Bugaboo Cameleon. I looked all over the net for reference to the right buggy for the A4 Cab or if this buggy would fit in the boot and found nothing. So just for the record, this can fit in - with the cradle - even with the roof down.

IMG_boot1.jpg

With the cradle on its side - wheels still attached to frame.
IMG_boot2.jpg

With the roof space saver down - the wheels nee dto come off.
IMG_boota.jpg

IMG_bootb.jpg

Cradle fits the same way, in front of the frame.
IMG_bootc.jpg

We've currently converted the cradle to the seat mode now, which incorporates the bar, and fits on its side in the same way. And yes the boot closes!

Well... its out there now, just incase someone askes the question! So theres no real need to be bullied into getting an MPV by the wife.

haha, like it sir, we should ban MPV's. They are entirely necessary and ugly as sin. Only one allowed is the Espace F1!!
Parents should think of the kids, who would like to be brought to school in a van?

Quality job zeratul! We had the Bebeconfort Kart which is similar to the Bugaboo, and it was a tight fit, especially with the carrycot. However, when it came to buying a smaller/lighter pushchair for our little one I was caught out as we bought one that was slightly to long to fit into the boot from left to right so to speak, meaning we had to put it in diagonally - a real pain when there's other stuff to carry. Just a thought for later on when you might buy another!!! Oh, and like me it's always a good idea to convince the wife to buy a Ford C-Max to do the shopping in..leaving my A4 shopping and buggy free!!! :whistle2:

Ha - yes indeed, you can fit a Bugaboo into the boot of the A4, but don't try putting any other luggage in there at the same time! We've been on a fair few "road trips" since our boy was born (he's now 2) and once you've got your, your partner's and your child's baggage in there too, plus other assorted claptrap (toys, nappy bag, high chair, spare kitchen sink etc) you find you're using the back seat for bags!

We've got a 2nd one on the way, god knows how that's all going to fit in as of course you have to have two childseats, and a double buggy -maybe I'll start making use of the Avant's roof rails?!

First born is due end of May, and I must admit I found it really hard to find a buggy that fitted satisfactorily in the back of my Avant :banghead:. Mainly because I wanted some room to bring my dog along too so wanted a design that folded neatly to enable it to sit neatly on one side or another of the boot. Really wanted a Mountain Buggy but amazingly that wouldn't fit at all either way around :nunu:. Eventually decided on a Babyjogger which fits very neatly.

Trouble with mine is the floor level of the boot is quite high so thing don't fit 'in' like they do in the Cab's. Not sue if this is due to the quattro running gear?

As an aside - what do people use to protect their leather seats from when you put a kiddie seat in the car?

hahaah nice one. I have the peg perego uno and it fits with a little bit push to be honest but no room for anything else :) I dont want to sell my cab so i will try and do my best hahahah. Even though my wife is getting a FIAT 500 now!!!!!!!! so both our cars will be 2-door with no space :)

Great....erm... thanks.....!!! Glad I have no kids ! Not sure if I had kids they'd like getting in the back of my polo between the rollcage and harnesses !!!!! But on a serious note, this is the sort of info that can NEVER be found anywhere when you want it.

Anyway, when I have kids in many years to come, I'll be rolling in my RS4 Avant !

As an aside - what do people use to protect their leather seats from when you put a kiddie seat in the car?

We bought a seat protector from John Lewis to save the leather in the wifes car. 18months on and still no problems with the seat marking.

They only sell one so it should be easy to find! It's in 2 pieces, one for the base and one for the seat back. I've only used the base one.

J.

haha, like it sir, we should ban MPV's. They are entirely necessary and ugly as sin. Only one allowed is the Espace F1!!
Parents should think of the kids, who would like to be brought to school in a van?

I'm with you on banning things like scenics and picaso's but not the chelsea tractors...

Just for you 'soon to be' mothers or fathers who were wondering if a pushchair/buggy would fit in an A4 Cabriolet!

Here is our Bugaboo Cameleon. I looked all over the net for reference to the right buggy for the A4 Cab or if this buggy would fit in the boot and found nothing. So just for the record, this can fit in - with the cradle - even with the roof down.

Couldn't have looked that far, as I replied on another forum regarding this!!!! You should have asked on here. :)

When more space is needed - (it takes about 5 seconds more) but you can remove the wheels the whole buggy fits at the back to leave a good amount of space :)

IMG_boot4.jpg

Hello friends.Firstly I want to say that I love my new A4 cabriolet.As I am expecting my baby in two months.So,I've decided to buy Mickey Sun Shop 'n Drive .I have checked it .It gets fit into the car's boot easily and it saves some space.If anybody is in the same situation then choose Mickey Sun Shop 'n Drive travel system.For more details visit http://www.icoobaby.co.uk/.

Just before we had our son nearly two years ago we got rid of the wifes mini one for an A2!
The bugaboo fitted fine albeit better with rear wheels off!
First trip to centre parcs and i had to buy a kamei roof rack with bars and feet that fitted my 172 cup aswell!

Second son due in may hence the move to an Avant.
I know they arent as big as some estates but i may need my roof box again next weekend!!

This was really reassuring to see, my first baby is due in June and I wasn't sure I'd get a pram or pushchair in the boot of mine!

Has anybody had any luck with any other makes? Can't say I'm overjoyed at the thought of the £800 pricetag of the Bugaboo, albeit cheaper than exchanging for something else!

Also, I can see in the pics the hard black plastic panel in the boot isn't there? Is this safe to move? I've never touched mine as thought it was protecting part of the hood.......

Thanks in advance Mums and Dads!

If you slide the lever over it frees up more boot space but you then cant have the roof open as the extra space you are freeing up is where the roof sits when you have it open.

We have an icandy apple buggy which when you take off the seat part, the chassis and the seat part fit fine separately with still plenty of room for bags etc. Its surprising how much you can fit into these boots when you have the roof storage compartment up.

Hi Beanykate, Yes - I've not removed the black panel I've just pulled the black horizontal lever at the top of the boot compartment from right to left... this folds the black plastic panel backwards and lifts the inside roof of the boot upward into the space where the roof folds into when down.

If you weren't aware that your boot did this then theres a big surprise for you :). The boot is a good size, the only problem you would find, if there was one, would not be the size of the a buggy but maneuvering it into the boot - as its wide and deep enough but not open at the top like a hatchback... so has to be fed in from the back and slid in.

Rest assured though, since I entered this there are a lot more buggys that are built very similar, much cheaper and as good, and will surely fit.

Zeratul, havent seen your name for a while.

made me laugh when I saw somebody taking the wheels off their Chameleon and stripping all the little bits off to put them in one at a time into the back of a hatchback... and I hit the boot open from half-way up the car aprk, slung the pram in the boot and the boot had closed itself by the tiem the rugrat was in the back seat and then we were off... but then that much space comes at a price (R1m, so about £80k) and about 24mpg, if I was being gentle.... 5litre V8 and nearly 3 tonees, so hardly surprising...

Last edited:
The bugaboo eh? We have been looking at prams as our first is due in June. Not bothered about the price of the Chameleon, but the amount of bad reviews its been getting. Anyone had any bad experiences of them?

Think we will likely go for Oyster as it has had nothing but glowing reviews from what we have seen.

800 on a push chair? are you fooking kidding?
id get on freecycle and get any old one then bungee strap it to the roof before id pay that much for a damned pram!

xs2 - we looked at the Chameleon, but they're too big... we've got a little Victorian cottage and were worried about moving it around and putting it in the boot... so that one in the back of the (holiday rental) Merc is the Bugaboo Bee, retails for about £450, but I think we paid £350 'cos John Lewis had already unpacked it and set it up to demonstrate for somebody (it looked new, still with the plastic wrap on everything) and came with the same "as new" warranty, so was quite a bargain.

Since buying those several friends have traded in their big, bulky "travel systems" and got Bugaboo Bee's... they're really compact and robust.

Read ALL the reviews on a product not jsut the negative ones: there's always a certain percentage of stupid parents who will do stupid things, so in particular weight the review on how many are actually produced and if they shipped in any quantity in the US: tend to be a lot more in the way of weird "faults" that get picked up by US parents (I'm saying nothing more on that topic)... like the Maclaren buggies that were "chopping kids fingers off" (pretty sure thy weren't but soem reviews tried to make it sound like they might)... turns out that a decent number of those injuries were where chair hadn't been assembled correctly and/or the parent had started to collapse the chair before the child was out of it... I still wouldn't get one of those, they look bulky, ugly and leave the kid sunken back with no view of the world... my little 13month old sits as far forward as he can looking all over the place, so would go nuts in a Maclaren (buggy).