Build date to delivery..

mister.c.

Reaction score
Currently waiting for the new arrival - ordered two weeks ago and got a build date of wk51 which isn't too bad at all. Its a A3 2.0TFSI Sline.

Given we don't have the joy of picking up a car direct from the factory, I was just wondering what the timescales are, and what actually happens. My lease company tend to be a bit useless to get that kind of information.

I imagine it is built at somewhere like Brussells or Germany then transported (probably by train) to be shipped over every so often (say every week) then gets to the dealer a few days after arriving and they spend a week or so doing what they need to do.

I guess something like a month from build date to actually receiving the goods.

Which bits of the above (probably all) is complete rhubarb! - any information gratefully received.

My S3 Sportback was built 2 weeks ago, arrived in UK today, reaches the dealer next Wednesday and I'm hoping to collect it next Friday....

Currently waiting for the new arrival - ordered two weeks ago and got a build date of wk51 which isn't too bad at all. Its a A3 2.0TFSI Sline.

Given we don't have the joy of picking up a car direct from the factory, I was just wondering what the timescales are, and what actually happens. My lease company tend to be a bit useless to get that kind of information.

I imagine it is built at somewhere like Brussells or Germany then transported (probably by train) to be shipped over every so often (say every week) then gets to the dealer a few days after arriving and they spend a week or so doing what they need to do.

I guess something like a month from build date to actually receiving the goods.

Which bits of the above (probably all) is complete rhubarb! - any information gratefully received.

The timescales seem about right. Cars made in Ingolstadt go by train to Bremerhaven in Northern Germany. Here they are loaded onto a ship for transport to the UK. Not sure if the same happens with cars made at the Brussels plant.

Credit crunch is kicking in, There are a number of car facotories shutting down for a month over christmas due to poor sales. Any sales they do get are being prioritised, must be the same for Audi I reckon, buy one and they will do their best to get it to you!

Credit crunch is kicking in, There are a number of car facotories shutting down for a month over christmas due to poor sales. Any sales they do get are being prioritised, must be the same for Audi I reckon, buy one and they will do their best to get it to you!

At least in October Audi's sales seem to be holding up, although even they are intending to have a longer than normal Christmas break at their two German plants.

For further details of the October sales figures see:

http://www.audiworld.com/news/08/october-sales-growth/

It can be very quick. Mine was build week 42...I was driving it away from the dealers 10 days later.:)

It can be very quick. Mine was build week 42...I was driving it away from the dealers 10 days later.:)

My new sportback was confirmed as being built approximately 4 weeks ago, yet it still hasn't been shipped from Germany yet. Apparently there has been a hold up with vehicles being shipped from this plant, however, they're hopefully expecting it to be delivered to the dealers on Wednesday next week.

I can't wait, roll on next week!!!!