Build Date!!

mnoble

Reaction score
just got a build date for my S3 SB, week 19, w/c 4th May. after placing the order on 23rd March.. so Just wondering how that ties in with other that ordered around the same time? and what are the guesses for delivery? early June
:uhm:

just got a build date for my S3 SB, week 19, w/c 4th May. after placing the order on 23rd March.. so Just wondering how that ties in with other that ordered around the same time? and what are the guesses for delivery? early June
:uhm:

I placed an order for my new 2.0TDI Sportback on 19th February and have a confirmed Build Week as week 16 (w/b 13 April). Delivery is normally 2-3 weeks later so I would expect delivery around the end of April beginning of May. Late May/Early June sounds quite likely for your S3.

I ordered on 28 March, and was hoping to snag a late April build slot. Hmm, doesn't look so likely. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have 6 weeks of shipping and 2-3 weeks of customs/dealer stuffing around to go through as well, haha.

Ordered my 2.0TDI S Line Sportback last week of Jan, build time was pretty quick but shipping has been over two weeks already! Have contacted Audi and been told another 10 days at least. Would be easier to collect in person!

:ermm:

Ordered my 2.0TDI S Line Sportback last week of Jan, build time was pretty quick but shipping has been over two weeks already! Have contacted Audi and been told another 10 days at least. Would be easier to collect in person!

:ermm:

If you lived in mainland Europe you could do that, but Audi UK will not let UK citizens collect from the factory. More's the pity.

Ordered mine on 4th feb will be picking it up on Thursday, 10 week wait is nearly over :yahoo:

I'm the exact same dates as you mnoble so they could be travelling on the same transporter.

just got a build date for my S3 SB, week 19, w/c 4th May. after placing the order on 23rd March.. so Just wondering how that ties in with other that ordered around the same time?

I just got confirmation that my S3 will be built in week 19 also. :thumbsup:

Takes a bit longer to ship a car down under though. :faint:

I've just noticed Liam that we have basically got the exact same car on order, ha ha.

The cars get transported to belgium from germany then put on a ship to grimsby where they are unloaded and kept on the dock side waiting to be shipped off round the uk...

I ordered mine from grimsby audi so when it arrives in port they send a driver to collect it... If you live elsewhere in the uk then you could have an extra week to wait before being sent on a transporter.

My build week is this week so should be with me within 2 or 3 weeks :gaehn:

The cars get transported to belgium from germany then put on a ship to grimsby where they are unloaded and kept on the dock side waiting to be shipped off round the uk...

I ordered mine from grimsby audi so when it arrives in port they send a driver to collect it... If you live elsewhere in the uk then you could have an extra week to wait before being sent on a transporter.

My build week is this week so should be with me within 2 or 3 weeks :gaehn:

I have a new 2.0TDI Sportback on order that is also due to be built this week.

Audi used to send cars made in Ingolstadt by train from the factory to Bremerhaven in Northern German for loading onto a ship for transport to Immingham Docks near Grimsby. But may be that has changed since they also started producing A3's at their Brussels plant as well as at Ingolstadt.

Not much longer to wait now!!!

I was told they where shipped from Holland to Margate.
I think it depends on the ultimate destination. It could well be Margate for the South and South West, but it's Immingham for the Midlands and North.

If you look at Bremerhaven on Google Earth you will find a huge depot full of Audi's waiting to go somewhere, but of course that could be almost anywhere in the world including the US.

When I last had a tour of the Ingolstadt plant the guide told me that at that time Audi were shipping to the UK from Bremerhaven but that was in 2003 so things may well have changed.

Got my delivery date today after speaking to three different people. A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI arrives in the country tomorrow and due for collection end of next week (nearly 13 weeks in total). I have not been contacted by dealers once during that time!!!, no order confirmation, build date, delivery progress, absolutely nothing!! When I rang today I was told good news the car is arriving tomorrrow! I felt like saying keep it. Sorry for the rant guys but the lack of customer service has really taken the gloss off the purchase. I just hope its worth it when i start her up. :shrug:

I think it depends on the ultimate destination. It could well be Margate for the South and South West, but it's Immingham for the Midlands and North.

If you look at Bremerhaven on Google Earth you will find a huge depot full of Audi's waiting to go somewhere, but of course that could be almost anywhere in the world including the US.

When I last had a tour of the Ingolstadt plant the guide told me that at that time Audi were shipping to the UK from Bremerhaven but that was in 2003 so things may well have changed.

google earth is quite old though i dont think that means much i could still see my ford mondeo on my dads front so i wonder how long is it before there updated.......

Got my delivery date today after speaking to three different people. A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI arrives in the country tomorrow and due for collection end of next week (nearly 13 weeks in total). I have not been contacted by dealers once during that time!!!, no order confirmation, build date, delivery progress, absolutely nothing!! When I rang today I was told good news the car is arriving tomorrrow! I felt like saying keep it. Sorry for the rant guys but the lack of customer service has really taken the gloss off the purchase. I just hope its worth it when i start her up. :shrug:

I had a phone call a few weeks ago to say that they had a confirmed build week for my Sportback, which is this week. It may well have been built by now. The next call I get should tell me it been shipped. I will have to call in to the dealers as soon as I get the Retention Certificate for my number plate back from the DVLA. When I do they will always check the latest information for me on the Audi AG computer system.

google earth is quite old though i dont think that means much i could still see my ford mondeo on my dads front so i wonder how long is it before there updated.......

Agreed but I don't think such a large depot would disappear over-night. It's basically a railway yard where the cars are unloaded and then lined up for loading onto the ships.

I called in to my dealers this afternoon to give them them the Retention Document for my number plate and they checked and found my car has just been unloaded at Immingham docks in the UK.

It was built in week 16 (week beginning 13 April) so that is quick going. They also gave me details of the VIN number which confirms it was built at the Audi Ingolstadt plant.

An interesting point which I'd not realised before. The VIN for an Audi is obviously allocated when the factory accept and confirm the order.

The last 6 digits are allocated by Audi according to the months during a particular build year. The allocation from 28/2/09 to 31/3/09 was 114420 to 138400. The VIN number for my new A3 Sportback is 133***. The car was built during week beginning 13 April 2009 but the order was placed on 17 February.

I had always assumed it was related to the time it was built, but this is obviously not correct.

That's pretty nifty. I'd kind of heard that when my MINI was built, but like you, had assumed the VIN was allocated as part of the build process.

Having said that, I guess they need to allocate some sort of tracking number before the car is built so that all options, paint colour etc are locked in.

I just got confirmation that my S3 will be built in week 19 also. :thumbsup:

Takes a bit longer to ship a car down under though. :faint:

I've put my car back a couple of weeks to allow for MY10 build. I've done this get the updated Nav, which my local dealer says will include AMI as well.

They're saying MY10 will start from build week 22, so hopefully I've only cost myself a few weeks. Just have to wait for confirmation of build week again.

:whistle2:

The copy of the Audi document that I obtained from my sales contact also says that production of the MY10 cars begins in week 22.

Alright gents,

I was just wondering if anyone who had the build date of week 19 heard anymore news on when their car is arriving in the UK or at the dealers? My dealer seems to be keeping things close to his chest, ha ha. It's a bit of a pain actually as once the car arrives & gets its PDI its going straight to a company to get its windows tinted & paint protection film applied to it but the guys that are carrying out the work needs a date to book in the car for a couple of days.

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers, Brucer

I spoke to my dealer yesterday, and the car is "waiting to be shipped", which he said it may be here by the end of next week (23 may)... but he will keep a close eye on it. as apparently the 'system' with this status info gets updated on Tuesdays and Thursdays. AFAIK the next stage is consigned, I don't think they ae able to give a precise date until the car lands with them.

Brucer, what is the paint protection film you are getting and how much is it?

thanks

mark

Thanks for that Mark. I emailed my dealer yesterday & all i got back from him today was that he would update me on Monday!!!!

http://www.defendall.com/

Here is the link Mark for the paint protection film company. I got it applied to my current S3 & its works a treat with no stone chips or anything. I would certainly recommend it to anyone who likes to keep their car in top condition. I'm not sure of the exact cost as i got a deal for doing the paint protection film & tinting the windows. The company i delt with is called Tinthaus & they have been fantastic from day one.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Brucer

how long did it take them to apply it (tints and paint protector)?
i'm thinking of doing the same when i get my car.

Hi there,

It usually takes them around 2 days to complete everything (tints & paint protection film applied). I saw them applying the paint protection & you really need to have the patience for doing that job, ha ha.

I've put my car back a couple of weeks to allow for MY10 build. I've done this get the updated Nav, which my local dealer says will include AMI as well.

They're saying MY10 will start from build week 22, so hopefully I've only cost myself a few weeks. Just have to wait for confirmation of build week again.

:whistle2:

Just noticed after answering another query that the AMI is a £245 option over in the UK! And can only be specd with the DVD Sat Nav

Thanks for that Mark. I emailed my dealer yesterday & all i got back from him today was that he would update me on Monday!!!!

http://www.defendall.com/

Here is the link Mark for the paint protection film company. I got it applied to my current S3 & its works a treat with no stone chips or anything. I would certainly recommend it to anyone who likes to keep their car in top condition. I'm not sure of the exact cost as i got a deal for doing the paint protection film & tinting the windows. The company i delt with is called Tinthaus & they have been fantastic from day one.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Brucer

I used Tinthaus for my tints too and think they did a first class job. My local dealer (Edinburgh) use them too.

sorry to be a bit thick but what are the differences between MY09 and MY10?
Mine is apaprently being built this week so not sure how long it actually takes and when i can expect delivery? Getting a decent answer from my Audi garage is proving tricky!