Build sheet location inside a A3 8V ?

Bittern

Reaction score
Hello ALL from a new forum member

I've been lurking around this site for a while now, while I was thinking about getting an A3(I got myself a A3 2.0 TDI 8V S-Line in the end, love it).

Anyway, I have read in other posts that the build sheet in the 8P can be found in the spare wheel area, but I can't find any info as to where the build sheet is located inside a A3 8V. Does anyone know ?. Could it be in the same area as in the S3 ?.

And also does the 8V come with a service book(which usually has another build sheet attached) seeing that all service history is computer based now ?

Thanks

In my A3 I have found the build sheet in the left compartment in the boot. If you go to the left compartment of the boot, and twist the latch directly above the 12v socket in the boot, that compartment will come out. Then look around the behind rear lights area and there should be one there. There should also be one in the service book which is just a service schedule.

Reactions: Bittern
In my A3 I have found the build sheet in the left compartment in the boot. If you go to the left compartment of the boot, and twist the latch directly above the 12v socket in the boot, that compartment will come out. Then look around the behind rear lights area and there should be one there. There should also be one in the service book which is just a service schedule.

You my friend are a star. I didn't even know that side bit came away, let alone even looking in there for it(pic attached)

Regards my service book, I have one that is for another A3 8V not mine ?(which I found out when entering the codes on the build sheet). A mix up along the line somewhere. If I phone up the Audi dealer where the car was 1st brought from, can they get me another build sheet for the service book I am getting ?

Huge thanks rajeevx5

IMAG0783k

You should be able to get a new one however does the build sheet in the service book have a different vin number ?

You should be able to get a new one however does the build sheet in the service book have a different vin number ?

Yes the vin number is different, as said there must have been a mix up along he line with mine. Someone has even put my reg on the wrong book, hence the mix up!. I'll give them a ring and explain things to see what they can do, if any.

Yes the vin number is different, as said there must have been a mix up along he line with mine. Someone has even put my reg on the wrong book, hence the mix up!. I'll give them a ring and explain things to see what they can do, if any.
Yeah theres been a mix up! Make sure you get the correct one