Build Week - Code 10 - Options?

A3_Rider

Reaction score
If the build week is code 10, options can still be added? According to my dealer the answer is no, Audi UK said the same but then agreed and said it's not their choice, it's the dealers. Apparently the manager won't do it, which simply put p***** me off, will be going to see him in person tomorrow.

I don't understand the problem, code 20 is locked in, code 10 is not, any one experienced this before?

If the build week is code 10, options can still be added? According to my dealer the answer is no, Audi UK said the same but then agreed and said it's not their choice, it's the dealers. Apparently the manager won't do it, which simply put p***** me off, will be going to see him in person tomorrow.

I don't understand the problem, code 20 is locked in, code 10 is not, any one experienced this before?
How far in the distance is the Build week? My dealer was very helpful and there was a time when it was not quite Code 20 but very close, i.e. within a week, when it was not possible to make a change, but if Production is a long way in the future, then it should be possible and everyone else has been able to make the changes

Week 10 is March or something isn't it? Seems ridiculous if they won't let you. Just cancel your order and take it elsewhere if they are being difficult about it! Why should you give your money to someone who isn't going to help you when they can't be bothered?

Oh. I don't know what that means. Ah well.

"Build week is second or last week in Sept" was told yesterday and couldn't change anything, but Audi UK said code 10 can be changed.

Take it back to your dealers then, say Audi told you it could be changed, and that you are considering cancelling if they mess you around.

Productions Codes:

Code 10 is Factory ordered with production week
Code 20 is Factory ordered production week confirmed
Check Point 8 is Production Completed
Code 30 In Transit from Factory
Code 36 Vehicle in Port not Released
Code 38 Vehicle in Port Released
Code 39 Vehicle on Ship
Code 40 Vehicle Landed
Code 50 Vehicle Transfered to Alternative Port
Code 60 Despatched to Retailer
Code 70 At the retailer

Reactions: Addict, A3_Rider and steeve
And yes, at Code 10, you can change your spec, but depending on which options you add, this may push back your Production Week.

Tell the dealer to get stuffed, and find another dealer.

At Code 20 the spec is locked, no further changes possible.

And yes, at Code 10, you can change your spec, but depending on which options you add, this may push back your Production Week.

Tell the dealer to get stuffed, and find another dealer.

At Code 20 the spec is locked, no further changes possible.

I don't why they should be so ****** difficult, you are the customer after all, so ask for your deposit back as the order can be cancelled at code 10 too I presume? But you'll end up going back to the back of the list at another dealer......

What did you want to change?

I blame Bristle Hound!!:mask:

I just added the sound system and mono.pur, the real issue was the dealer couldn't be bothered to assist because it goes beyond the usual process, it's really annoying that at code 10 they made it so hard. No matter how much I said it, it was just not sinking in.

I have sorted it now and I am glad it is all sorted, nearly ruined the buzz of ordering the S3 and I was ready to get my deposit back no matter how hard they may try to make it (very happy I did not have to do this or I would be :crying:.

The sales guy tried but he's limited in his understanding.
I had to ask Audi UK to intervine and wouldn't take no for an answer:box:.

I blame Bristle Hound!!:mask:

I just added the sound system and mono.pur, the real issue was the dealer couldn't be bothered to assist because it goes beyond the usual process, it's really annoying that at code 10 they made it so hard. No matter how much I said it, it was just not sinking in.

I have sorted it now and I am glad it is all sorted, nearly ruined the buzz of ordering the S3 and I was ready to get my deposit back no matter how hard they may try to make it (very happy I did not have to do this or I would be :crying:.

The sales guy tried but he's limited in his understanding.
I had to ask Audi UK to intervine and wouldn't take no for an answer:box:.

Glad you got it sorted - both those options are well worth the hassle!
But we should Name & Shame these poor performing dealers. There are plenty of really good ones out there (mine is one!) and our colleagues should know who to avoid. That's the only way they'll ever improve.