Built in SatNav

SM18

Audi A3
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it’s possible to add satnav to Audi A3 8V, if I scroll through menu I can select navigation but it’s not enabled..

What do I need to get it? I think it’s just a memory card or something plugged into glove box? But not sure?

Anyone tried it and worked?

Cheers

If you have the box in the glove box for sd cards it costs ~£600 to buy and activate from Audi. It's not possible to back street garage it. @DJAlix can retrofit as an authorised dealer but I'm not sure where he's located.

I see you can buy the cards on eBay, can you not just ‘plug n play’?

As far as I'm aware the nav needs to be activated by Audi or the like. It's a locked system by Audi I'm led to believe. @DJAlix will be able to confirm.

Use search - lots of 5hreads about this on here.
No way round it. Don’t buy one off eBay.

Reactions: Leevr
Agree it's irritating to have the option and the switch for it which does nothing, but I have it (SD version on a 2015 2nd hand car). I can't can't say I'd recommend it, let alone at £600. The user interface is painfully slow to set up destinations and then it often takes quite bizarre routes. I use Google Maps on my phone with one of these mounts https://www.audiphoneholder.com/. In my case (an Android user), Android Auto (on the phone itself) provides an OK interface when driving too.

Google Maps (or Waze if you prefer) is much more up to date, takes better routes, and routes around traffic jams far more accurately and effectively than the MMC based solution (that I think relies on Trafficmaster data).

As I have it, and when I can be bothered, I will use the MMC SatNav in a mode that shows a overview map of my journey so passengers can see (at least according to the route the Audi suggest) 'are we nearly there yet'. I never use it for routing!

Last edited: