burbank2broward's a3 build thread

burbank2broward

Reaction score
This build thread might take a while to finish but ill start it up anyways. The Audi section sucks and no one is really active so I decided to make a build here. Anyways short story goes.... A few weeks after SoWo 2012 I decided to part out my car and get something worth while to drive. Since my golf was an auto I was bored out of my mind driving it. Anyways.... I sold the air, wheels, exhaust, intake, etc etc and had money saved up and ready for the new car. But life threw me one of the biggest curve balls...... My father passed away on July 1st 2012 from a random heart attack at the age of 51. So instead of saving the money towards my new car.... I gave it all to my mom to help with bills and expenses. This build will most likely be little small mods here and there and when I move out and my mom is ok on her own I will start adding more of the expensive mods, aka suspension and wheels.

Heres some pics of my old car.... GOLF 2.5L MK6, V2 autopilot air ride , 1552 tarmacs colormatched candy white, eurojet exhaust, nuespeed p flo intake, GAYOMATIC transmission

192083_10151794009967588_1119751357_o.jpg

199.jpg

466635_10151620526547588_1227451467_o.jpg

479334_10151557850467588_1631217511_o.jpg

464736_10151557854442588_1552246642_o.jpg

7154080933_0dd4d5c040_b.jpg

399020_10151468521217588_465697991_n.jpg

6976790020_5b16a63116_b.jpg

Heres a pic of my new car

2013 Audi a3 2.0t 6spd MT

Ne80N.jpg

heres a pic of my first mod

MONSTER MATS! :thumbup:

vkwuL.jpg

Last edited:
Hey welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your Dad... my condolences go to you and your mum.

nice Golf you had there! i bet the A3 will be looking sweet when you are done. its a good thing you are going to be starting slow and building up... you get to enjoy the mods and car more

That Golf is sexual mate - onwards and upwards though. Half the fun of having a car like that is the journey you take. Look forward to seeing how this progresses, especially with your form!

just ordered another little small mod

41j5nWv-3XL.jpg
- for headlights

41EsxE2A8pL.jpg
- for fogs

hopefully it will look something close to this

IMG_1754.jpg

Last edited:
this car is my motivation. I was photoshopping my grill last night and I really like the clean look of the chrome vs all blacked out. Also I've always wanted a pair of polished/chrome wheels.... That kind of setup was going to be my next set setup when I still had my golf.... this is how I want my car to look. fishbowl and all
slammedaudi1.jpg

Last edited:
another small mod to match my new headlights coming in!

B5%20A4%252FS4%20LED%20License%20Plate%20Bulbs%20-%20Set%20Of%202.jpg

B5%20A4%252FS4%20LED%20License%20Plate%20Bulbs%20-%20Set%20Of%202.jpg

Last edited:
Hey welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your Dad... my condolences go to you and your mum.

nice Golf you had there! i bet the A3 will be looking sweet when you are done. its a good thing you are going to be starting slow and building up... you get to enjoy the mods and car more

That Golf is sexual mate - onwards and upwards though. Half the fun of having a car like that is the journey you take. Look forward to seeing how this progresses, especially with your form!

thanks for the kinds words guys

got any more pics of your golf or a link to the thread <3

heres my old build thread.... Project: STORMTROOPER - VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

at first youll notice that I had NO CLUEEEEE what I was doing haha

Last edited:
Reactions: PH1L
had an eventful day today..... I debaged my car and gave her, her first bath. :thumbup:

here are some pics

debaged

rAzVz.jpg

clean cars are clean

SEafU.jpg

sparkles:w00t:

wYrFh.jpg

Welcome to the forum :happy:

Like the golf fella and looking forward to seeing what you do with the A3. What plans do you have long term? Or just see how it goes?
Will you be putting air on the A3? Sorry to hear about your loss, my condolences go to you and your mum.

Welcome to the forum :happy:

Like the golf fella and looking forward to seeing what you do with the A3. What plans do you have long term? Or just see how it goes?
Will you be putting air on the A3? Sorry to hear about your loss, my condolences go to you and your mum.

eventually I would love to have Stage 2, wheels, air or coils. Still debating if I want to go the air route again.

did a little photoshop to see how my car would look with these wheels. VMR V705. I'm really digging the style. Once I move out and get life in ordered will would most likely get these. If nothing else grabs my attention

original image

resize.php

photoshopped
dnPht.jpg

update: I just installed the headlights and fog lights... I must say I'm really impressed how the headlights turned out. I used to have 8k HIDS in my halogens on my golf and I used to get complaints that I would blind people driving etc etc. With these Nokya they look like HIDS but still act as normal headlights. AMAZING I must say.

I still have a few things I want to do to make the look better, like remove DRLS and cornering lights with Vag-Com etc etc

pIvfk.jpg

i just ordered a sline emblem badge to go with the rest of the sline badges that already came on my car but for some reason the new a3s dont get an S-Line emblem for the front. Its really weird. I have S-line on the outside of my car, inside in the trim, the steering wheel is the sporty one, the shifter is the leather one, etc etc

only the quattros come with that little emblem on the grille...

sline trim and badges that came with the car

hfcEd.jpg

sline front emblem badge

100106c.jpg

here is how it is going to look (found a pic on someones else's build thread)

5187751359_1dbd7cce1c_z.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum mate,nice looking car you got there :))I like that monster mats,it would be good for winter,any links to the website?

Welcome to the forum mate,nice looking car you got there :))I like that monster mats,it would be good for winter,any links to the website?

i got them from the dealer :cool: (last one in the whole place with the A3 symbol)

Last edited:
Nice car, jealous of your back drops! Could do with some FL sun!

i read this on another forum

"starting with the 2009 facelift S-line is now an exterior trim package--upgraded bumpers, spoiler and fender badges. It's a standard feature for the 2012+ model year."

Golf was lovely mate, some hard work went into it by the looks! Sorry about your dad and condolences to your mum.

Look forward to seeing what you make of your new A3.

Cheers,
Si

So im trying to figure out how to disable my DRLs and Cornering Lights in my head lights. But when I google search I only find things for the LED DRLS and nothing for regular DRLS... is there anyone that knows VAG-COM or anyone that can help me out or lead me in the right direction? it would be greatly appreciated.

what do you mean by facelift and DIS? i know what VCDS (Vagcom) is.

Facelift is which style you have as in 8P1, 8P2 or 8P3.. Facelift is 8P3 and the newest of them, 58/09 onwards I think.. Yours is an 8P3 so a facelift.. there's a thread in the how to's that will show you the difference..

DIS, drivers information system, its the screen between your speedo and revs.. you have a switch on the end of you wiper stalk that allows you to scroll through..

Lovely looking car, can't wait to see what you do with it..

​I tried to do vagcom my DRLs and cornering lights last night and its hella confusing and I couldn't seem to get them to go off when I had my fogs only on.... so I just put everything back to normal and I might order some LEDS or bulbs to place in my DRLs.

Heres a DIY I came up with for attaching the sline badge to newer a3 models:

DIY ON INSTALLING SLINE EMBLEM ON NEW A3 MODELS:

heres a pic of the badge that I used:

100106c.jpg

First and formost I received the badge but the clips to connect it were just plain metal. So in order for it to not rust I painted them with Valspar max Anti Rust black gloss paint.

l8fUW.jpg

KMH7l.jpg

jrjFI.jpg

wR4Kr.jpg

62T5i.jpg

Heres the tricky part. You might need someone with small fingers to do this next step. I used my girlfriend!

Note: You want to bend the clips a little wider so when you attach them to the grille it wont be super tight.

You want to install the clips with the long piece downwards and the two teeth uptop. Slide the clip into the grill and make sure to not drop it and clip the clip onto the horizontal bar. Make sure when you clip the clips to the grill you keep referring to the badge so it can line up.

V68GH.jpg

QVMyE.jpg

Next you want to push the badge onto the grill with simultaneously holding the back of the clips and push them together

ZFoxR.jpg

Once you feel it tighten this should be the result

Q7Y3Y.jpg

YiGKw.jpg