Buy n sell section?

yellowgti

Whats going to break next??...
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.fastcarcentral.co.uk
just wondering if youve thought of putting a buy n sell section on here? maybe useful as when we go the shows theres hardly ever any audi parts for sale!, normally camper n beetle stuff, kinda pointless going sometimes especially when youve got the muny for the part you want and cant find it!

I would love to have a thread for buy and sell like back in the old days, the classifieds is so un user friendly and it never properly updated.

yes it would be alot better than the other section and i would of thought it would be more popular and more up to date !!!

it used to have its own section but keeping up with 1 thousand adverts could be tricky, which is why its better to have its own dedicated setup away from the forum

it used to have its own section but keeping up with 1 thousand adverts could be tricky, which is why its better to have its own dedicated setup away from the forum

Hi Olly

I do remember in the past when it had its own thread/section but the advantage was members kept up todate with the items for sale, people could bargin easily and request additional info which all members could easily see,

once the item is brought everyone knows its sold.

If you go into the classifieds section, its a bit of a mess. There are items from last year in there and members have no idea if the item is sold or not.

one thing tho, what do you mean by 1000 adverts ?

maybe you can look into this..

Maybe you could add a Macro to end items in 30 or 60 days Olly, and I personally think that a link on the Forums main index page to click on for the Classifieds section would be more useful, I rarely use the buttons on the red bar, but maybe thats just me?

What do you think?

I think its a good idea, i dont even go on the classifieds anymore, its just not user friendly enough.

if you really think its that bad, I can take a look again.

I could make a for sale section and then have a car section/parts section but it wont go into as much detail as the classifieds, eg by car

if you really think its that bad, I can take a look again.

I could make a for sale section and then have a car section/parts section but it wont go into as much detail as the classifieds, eg by car

I personally don't think it's bad at all Olly, just needs a link on the main index to make users aware it's there. Like the chap that started this thread didn't realise there was a Classifieds section until I told him, I think it's the same for the majority of us. Just add a link to the Classifieds section in the form of a Forum on the index page I think is an easier solution.

I think all you need is a new section

2 titles

For Sale

and

Wanted

Reason its better then the classfieds is people can discuss whats happening and ask for aditional info in the same post.

Cheers

I think all you need is a new section

2 titles

For Sale

and

Wanted

Reason its better then the classfieds is people can discuss whats happening and ask for aditional info in the same post.

Cheers

Top Idea that :applaus:

can you imagine the amount of "thread bumping" though to get your ad back to the top of the page ?

it will be a nightmare to keep on top of really.

Olly, alot of other forums seem to manage ok, just have a rule saying no bumping.

Have a look at Detailing World, and tt forum buy and sell, works excellent

can you imagine the amount of "thread bumping" though to get your ad back to the top of the page ?

it will be a nightmare to keep on top of really.

Totally know where you are coming from Olly, can you not write into the coding for advertised items to be automatically removed after 30 days from the 1st day of the ad?

Yes that will be so much better ,

people like edition 38 get thousands of ads and works so much better

Totally know where you are coming from Olly, can you not write into the coding for advertised items to be automatically removed after 30 days from the 1st day of the ad?