Buying a used Audi A3 2005

Pierce

Reaction score
Capture 2 Capture 3 Ok I've found a private seller that's listed a 1.6 A3 2005 and wants £1400, I'd test drive to see if its faster than my 1.2 Corsa lol. I have some pictures below, 103000 miles interior looks about right. I would scan for codes and do an inspection before test driving of course. MOT advisories are below, offside front coil must have been changed but I would check along with the corrosion on the offside rear one and tyres. I'm not too sure how to check the brake binding issue, can anyone advise? Spoke to the guy he said he bought it in January 2020 so hasn't had it for long, gov check shows V5C last issued March 2020 so sounds about right but he said he is selling it because he bought a new car and only needed this one for the interim, bit suspect. Please let me know your opinions for this price. I said I could pay £1400 if I don't find any serious issues, you show me the FSH and get it MOT'd for a year. He agreed..

Pictures of MOT results and car;

All opinions welcome lool

Attachments

• Capture 4.PNG
    Capture 4.PNG
    843.9 KB · Views: 105
  • Capture 5.PNG
    Capture 5.PNG
    780 KB · Views: 102
  • Capture 6.PNG
    Capture 6.PNG
    46.9 KB · Views: 99
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    73.3 KB · Views: 124
Brake binding - Jack the offending corner up and spin the wheel. From the comments seems like the handbrake needs adjusting.

If he really wants it gone I'd go in with a 1K offer and take it from there. If you're on the drive with the readies he may take it.

Reactions: Pierce
MOT advisories are all pretty standard at this age. Rear calipers on these are notorious for sticking/seizing anyway.