Buying advice - 2007 A4 1.8t

MartinRuddy

Reaction score
Hi guys, I was due to pick-up my 2007 A4 cabriolet T S line 1.8t yesterday from a reputable used Audi dealer. When I test drove the car, I noticed a few things that needed attention and the dealer informed me he would resolve the majority of them. One of the issues identified was a small oil leak coming from below the turbo that led to a small amount of smoke appearing from under the bonnet, I suspect it is dripping on the exhaust. The dealer said he would resolve this, however, when I came to pick up the car, I took it for another drive and noticed the oil smoke was still appearing. He informed me that I could have my deposit back but I said I wanted the car, as otherwise it was in good condition, and that he should fix the leak. He said he would fix it if it was just a gasket or ‘o’ ring but wouldn’t replace the turbo if it was this that was defective. He also said other buyers wouldn’t have noticed the smoke but I am concerned that it could lead to a fire - unlikely I agree but it could be possible. So my opinion is that the dealer needs to fix the problem regardless of cost, as this could be potential dangerous for others even if I don’t purchase the car. I would really appreciate your advice. Many thanks

Mate I’d just get money back as if their is small problems who nose what lies beneath in the engine prob been thrashed to death hence I took time to find low mileage 1.8t sport 100,000 genuin only doing 3-6 thousand a year was dry stored brilliant car had few but this is the one to keep and put all the mods in b stage 2 next week and then I’ll forge it and put big boy turbo on it Chuck some proper boost through her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk